Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Print Wikipost

Hotels near Sea-Tac [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: British Air, Virgin, Alaska, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton is right across the road from the airport. Its a good one--good food, bar etc. Not particularly strong on comps for Hilton HHonors but good nonetheless.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
For a one-night mileage run a year ago or so, I stayed at the Doubletree. Cheap rate, upgraded as a Diamond to a high floor corner room with a balcony. Weekend rate was very good, and the hotel very nice.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:36 am

Hotels at or near SEA that are good. Suggestions?

Greetings,

I am sure alot of you have stayed at or near SEA. Disregarding price (prices change all of the time), which 2 or 3 hotels would you suggest? This would be for a 12 to 15 hour stop. Comfy and clean would be nice.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
The Cedarbrook Lodge is very close to SEA (less than a mile), and is now the highest-rated hotel in Seattle! I would check that out if your main goal is to have a relaxing stay at a nice property. Keep in mind though, that like many of the other airport hotels, there isn't much within walking distance.

If you prefer, there are also the standard chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton) which get decent reviews.

Staying in the city is also an option for a 12-15 hour stop, given that there's now a train that runs to the city and takes a little less than 40 minutes. If you leave very early or arrive very late this might not work though.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
There is absolutely no reason to pay full price for a nice Seatac hotel. You can routinely get a SeaTac 3-star hotel by bidding "name your price" on Priceline for around $45/night. I do this frequently, and get the DoubleTree most often, followed by the Hilton, Holiday Inn, and Coast. All are more than acceptable for a 12-15 hour layover. All are walking distance (3 - 5 blocks) from the airport, and all have airport shuttles.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Since this thread is specific to the SEA area and not to Alaska Airlines, we'll move it to our Western Regional Forum.

Please follow at it's new home.

Thanks.

Cholula
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Co-Moderator
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:37 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Bishope2
Greetings,

I am sure alot of you have stayed at or near SEA. Disregarding price (prices change all of the time), which 2 or 3 hotels would you suggest? This would be for a 12 to 15 hour stop. Comfy and clean would be nice.
Coast Gateway - there is a Sharps Roasthouse in the parking lot, which is one of my favored airport area eateries.

Doubletree ... hello warm cookies

Hilton ...next to light rail stop in case you want to head downtown.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Frequent Shuttles?

I may have a night layover at SEA in a few weeks and I'm wondering which of the seatac hotels have the most frequent shuttle service?

If the trip happens, I'll be walking out of SEA at around 10pm on a Wednesday night from an AS flight, and I'll need to be back at SEA around 6am for a flight up to YVR.

I'd prefer to not have to wait 45 minutes for a shuttle in the evening, or 45 minutes at 5am...
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by gglave
I may have a night layover at SEA in a few weeks and I'm wondering which of the seatac hotels have the most frequent shuttle service?

If the trip happens, I'll be walking out of SEA at around 10pm on a Wednesday night from an AS flight, and I'll need to be back at SEA around 6am for a flight up to YVR.

I'd prefer to not have to wait 45 minutes for a shuttle in the evening, or 45 minutes at 5am...
There are a number of hotels directly across from the entrance to the airport or just up and down International Blvd., within a 5 minute walk if you don't have a ton of luggage. The Red Lion, Radisson, Doubletree, Hilton, and Coast Hotels are all within easy walking distance. No need to wait 45 minutes for a shuttle. I've had very similar flights and walked to both the Doubletree and the Hilton at 11:00 p.m., then back to the airport at 6:00 a.m.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
There are a number of hotels directly across from the entrance to the airport or just up and down International Blvd., within a 5 minute walk if you don't have a ton of luggage.
Earlier thus year, I, who am not an extensive walker , had no problem walking from the AA terminal to the Coast, while PL had put me, and back the next morning (I had only a roller and computer bag).

And I second missydarlin's recommendation of Sharp's Roasthouse in post # 37 of this thread - good food and service, extremely convenient:

http://www.sharpsroasthouse.com/
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
One more ^ for walking to the Coast. Invariably the hotel shuttle I'm waiting for is the last to arrive although all the majors along Int'l Dr. supposedly run on 15-minute headways. The smaller/more remote ones is anybody's guess.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gglave

FWIW the nearby DT, although walkable, runs shuttles every 20 minutes starting at 5:00 a.m. and going until late at night. We've stayed there quite often and never had to wait more than 20 minutes. IMHO that's a good backup to have in case the weather is bad.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
And I second missydarlin's recommendation of Sharp's Roasthouse in post # 37 of this thread - good food and service, extremely convenient:

http://www.sharpsroasthouse.com/
Yes indeed! ^ It's a very pleasant establishment.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:53 am

If you use Hotwire, you can be assured of a hotel with a shuttle (and even look for one with free breakfast). I've stayed at a handful of hotels near SEA in the past -- Doubletree and Holiday Inn are good spots. List of SeaTac hotels frequently found on Hotwire: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/ho...ire/WA/Seattle

Hope this help.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Does anyone ever get the Marriott SEA-TAC airport on Hotwire or Priceline?

I have an interview with Alaska Airlines and the gathering is at the airport Marriott, however, the cost is too high, $259/night.

I am coming in from Honolulu the day before and staying a day after, so 2 nights/3 days in total.

I guess the other option is to get one of the cheaper airport hotels and just take a cab to the Marriott. Seems like it should not be too far of a distance.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Mahalo,

Patrick :-)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pallensf
Does anyone ever get the Marriott SEA-TAC airport on Hotwire or Priceline?

I have an interview with Alaska Airlines and the gathering is at the airport Marriott, however, the cost is too high, $259/night.

I am coming in from Honolulu the day before and staying a day after, so 2 nights/3 days in total.

I guess the other option is to get one of the cheaper airport hotels and just take a cab to the Marriott. Seems like it should not be too far of a distance.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Mahalo,

Patrick :-)
The Hilton is right around the corner with numerous other hotels within walking distance. Have a look at Google Maps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.