FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   West (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/)
-   -   Overnight Sleeping in SEATAC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/458724-overnight-sleeping-seatac.html)

pekko Aug 2, 2005 8:17 pm

Overnight Sleeping in SEATAC

I will have a flight leaving SEATAC at 7.00am Saturday morning. Usually when travel alone with no luggages, I take a bus to the airport. However, being Saturday - first bus arrives there at 7.10am :(

Asking a friend to drop me off at 5.00am Saturday morning is not a good option for me. Though I can ask them to drop me off around 1.00am or something the night before. Anybody has been crashed overnight in SEATAC before? Any suggestions about where I can do it?

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian Aug 2, 2005 9:03 pm

People have been able to get a room at the Doubletree Hotel near the airport for a $35 bid on Priceline. That's one option.

chexfan Aug 3, 2005 10:58 am

What airline?

What airline are you flying? The North Terminal isn't too well lit and should be pretty quiet.

SEA_Tigger Aug 3, 2005 2:58 pm

The North and South Terminals are shut down between roughly midnight and 5am. So you would not be able to "overnight" there.

The main terminal is probably open 24 hours, but most of the seating is not configured for sleeping (armrests).

Your best bet is to just Priceline an airport area hotel or take a taxi. You can also do an airport shuttle, but they like to show up like three hours before departure. Both the taxi and the shuttle will probably be more then Pricelining an airport hotel.

pekko Aug 3, 2005 6:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will fly UA. Once on Saturday 8/27, and another time on Saturday 9/17.

I don't mind sleeping straight on hard floor - so if terminal C or D area is not closed to public, that might be a good spot. Do you know if they are closed?
And if my flight is on next morning, do the TSA allow me to enter the air-side the night before?

I'll also check priceline, if it is $35 - that'd be great :)

BLI-Flyer Aug 9, 2005 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by pekko
Thanks for the suggestion.

I will fly UA. Once on Saturday 8/27, and another time on Saturday 9/17.

I don't mind sleeping straight on hard floor - so if terminal C or D area is not closed to public, that might be a good spot. Do you know if they are closed?
And if my flight is on next morning, do the TSA allow me to enter the air-side the night before?

I'll also check priceline, if it is $35 - that'd be great :)

I've bid on Seatac area hotels three times this summer and got the Doubletree, the Marriott and the Hilton for $35 - 45/night. The reduced stress or being across the street from the airport more than makes up for the cost. If you're not familiar with Priceline bidding, read the guide on Betterbidding.com and check out recent bids that have been posted. My experience over the past two years is that you either get a SeaTac area hotel for $35-45/night on Priceline, or they're totally unavailable. Good luck.

JDiver Aug 12, 2005 8:02 pm

Check the "Budget Traveller's Guide to Sleeping in Airports"...

For fun and education, check out the SEA page on the Budget Traveller's Guide to Sleeping in Airports. Some of these are always... interesting! :eek:

The most recent addition states:

SEATTLE (Contributed by Jared)
"June 2005 (International Terminal) - Was in one of the terminals you had to take a train to. Had a flight to Washington DC that was supposed to leave at around 10 pm. Kept getting delayed until about 2 or 3 in the morning. Until around 11 or midnight there's a bar open. Free water always available. Decent bathrooms. Lots of people around and some babies crying, but if you go to the food court area, there's some benches you can curl up on that aren't too bad." Added 01 August 2005