Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Portland, Oregon, or PDX restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If I have 2 nights in Portland, where do people think we should eat dinner? I have booked Le Pigeon for one night and was thinking Nomad PDX or Farm Spirit for the other night. Feedback (or other suggestions)?
Those both seem like very solid choices. I don't think you can go wrong with either. ^
Old May 13, 2016, 7:44 am
Suspended

Is there an area in Portland to stay that has tons of restaurants in close proximity? I am not necessarily looking for upscale places, but definitely not fastfood either. Let's say I am the Cheesecake factory, Outback Steakhouse type. Not the Ruth Chris or McDonald's type.

Last edited by Dieuwer; May 13, 2016 at 7:51 am
Old May 18, 2016, 12:29 pm

Most of Portland has many, many dining options nearby. Anywhere downtown or on the inner east side will give you the best options. What areas are you looking at and we can give you an idea of what's around. Portland is a place where a good meal is usually just a few steps away.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MissJ
Most of Portland has many, many dining options nearby. Anywhere downtown or on the inner east side will give you the best options. What areas are you looking at and we can give you an idea of what's around. Portland is a place where a good meal is usually just a few steps away.
Looking at staying downtown. For instance at the Hilton.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:56 pm

I can see it from my window.

With about 5-8 blocks, Portland is very easily walkable, you have a lot of well-loved places like Imperial, Little Bird, Clyde Common, Urban Farmer (it's more on the Ruth's Chris level though), Gruner, Kenny & Zukes, Lardo, you can stuff yourself on donuts at Blue Star. Superbite just opened and I've heard some talk since it's the same chef's as Ox.

I eat sub-$10 lunches in the area all the time and my main staples are Kure, Veggie Grill, Laughing Planet, a couple of small sushi places. I walk over to Pine Street Market (it's a little further, but meets your requirements very well. Good food right in the middle) or the tons of food carts. Food carts are the best deal in town and some are very, very good.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Let's say I am the Cheesecake factory, Outback Steakhouse type. Not the Ruth Chris or McDonald's type.
Inner city Portland is very, very thin on chain restaurants. They likely have by far the fewest chains of any major American city. For my money, that's an incredibly good thing. If you're into those kind of restaurants, I'd recommend staying out at Cascade Station, where there is a Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Robin, etc. etc. around.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Inner city Portland is very, very thin on chain restaurants. They likely have by far the fewest chains of any major American city. For my money, that's an incredibly good thing. If you're into those kind of restaurants, I'd recommend staying out at Cascade Station, where there is a Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Robin, etc. etc. around.
I think you misunderstand.
The point I was trying to make is that I am a middle-of-the-pack diner: I don't like the exclusive, fancy places. And I don't like the cheapo, fast food style places.
Old May 20, 2016, 6:16 pm

I think you may find some things you like on my list.

We aren't too fancy around here.

Any specific food types? I'm making myself very hungry for dinner now...
Old May 23, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Looking at staying downtown. For instance at the Hilton.
In downtown Portland There area ton of restaurants from a few streets north of burnside south to the university and between the river and 12th.

There is light rail/subway and there are a couple of street car routes that will take you around downtown and over to Llloyd Center area (shopping mall).

I am referring to middle price restaurants.

A few places I regularly have gone to are:

East Indian Grill (11th)
Jake's (10th)
Henery's 12th st Tavern (12th and Burnside)--a block from Powell's
Old May 24, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Portland is the best food truck city in the world, and I'm a dirty hipster, so naturally this works out. I'm probably an outlier, but if I only had two nights in Portland for dinner, I'd go to Tidbit twice.

https://www.facebook.com/tidbitfoodfarmandgarden/
Old May 24, 2016, 6:24 pm

One of the taphouses I frequent is right down the street. After a few beers, a waffle from Smaaken is the best thing on Earth. Tons of really great restaurants in that area though if you make it out there.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Dinner in PDX - Laurelwood or Henry's?

Looking for some local knowledge. I will get dropped off a couple of hours before my return (red-eye) flight from PDX-ATL.

From looking at the airport website it looks like either Laurelwood or Henry's would be best for a good beer and some dinner.

Any preferences or recommendations? Or another choice altogether?

Thanks for your input.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
Looking for some local knowledge. I will get dropped off a couple of hours before my return (red-eye) flight from PDX-ATL.

From looking at the airport website it looks like either Laurelwood or Henry's would be best for a good beer and some dinner.

Any preferences or recommendations? Or another choice altogether?

Thanks for your input.
Those two are fine. They are both inside security on opposite sides of the Henry's is on the ABC side and Laurelwood is on the DE side. each side has a TSA checkpoint with an inside security walkway between the sides.

pre security in the "mall" area is another option --Stanfords.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.