Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurants in/near Seattle/SEA - suggestions & questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Art Restaurant in Seattle

On a very recent trip to Seattle, I spent an evening in the Art Restaurant (which was in my hotel, the Four Seasons Seattle) enjoying a wonderful, dare I say artfully prepared meal with excellent local wines.

A few photos are below (enough to make you hungry) and a review I wrote for Executive Road Warrior is online here. There is a complete course-by-course slide show of the food and wine there as well.

Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:41 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
We really enjoy Art a lot as well -- very innovative dishes which work for the most part. One time at lunch we had sashimi which came with a variety of dipping sauces but rather than dipping them you receive paint brushes to brush on the sauce -- very innovative, fun, and tasty!! Hoping to get back to the FS SEA soon for a return stay -- such an oasis in dump of a city aesthetically....
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by luxury
Hoping to get back to the FS SEA soon for a return stay -- such an oasis in dump of a city aesthetically....
When you go back, I recommend you explore the wine list (if you have´t already). The staff was very knowledgeable about the wines they have (and it´s a nice-sized list).
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
such an oasis in dump of a city aesthetically....
The view of Puget Sound from our room on the 42nd floor of the Westin offered a somewhat different impression. ^
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:44 pm
Suspended

-- such an oasis in dump of a city aesthetically....
Wow ...what a classless statement from from the moderator to boot on the FT "Luxury" board.. but it guess oxymorons do exist everywhere dont they?

mike
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hilton HHonors
Read in the paper that the Four Seasons is not doing too well in selling their luxury condos in this building. But it is a beautiful space and fun to walk around in. Be sure to try to salt caramels at the chocolate shop on site. Apparently Barack Obama's favorites.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:37 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by ginteralaska
Read in the paper that the Four Seasons is not doing too well in selling their luxury condos in this building. But it is a beautiful space and fun to walk around in. Be sure to try to salt caramels at the chocolate shop on site. Apparently Barack Obama's favorites.
The project got caught in the housing/economy crisis right when the units were coming on the market. Lien city. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...seasons09.html. Waiting for the fire sale.

If you're referring to Fran's smoked salt chocolate caramels, according to the Fran's counter people it's actually Michelle Obama who's crazy for them. He likes them too, apparently.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Wow ...what a classless statement from from the moderator to boot on the FT "Luxury" board.. but it guess oxymorons do exist everywhere dont they?

mike
I gotta second that. Kind of surprised that a FT moderator would want to go on record dissing any city....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by JPat
Kind of surprised that a FT moderator would want to go on record dissing any city....
You wouldn't be if you read some of the same individual's posts in the luxury hotel forum.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Bellevue, WA (near Seattle) restaurant recommendations?

I have to go there and entertain a client. Where to go. Doesn't have to be the most expensive, just cool or chic or respectable. The price doesn't have to be expensive.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, AA Million Miler
There's so many nice places in Bellevue in the Lincoln Square area - I like Joey's Restaurant or Earls Restaurant. You can't go wrong with either of these in my opionion. Also, there is one of my favorite Comedy Clubs in the nation there which is called The Parlor Live...they have some outstanding comedians just about every week. I think Kevin Nealon is there this weekend for example.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Seastar and Daniel's Broiler are both fine entertain-the-client options.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:23 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
all good options so far. Especially if you get in for the happy hour specials

I'd add in John Howie Steak, and El Gaucho.

If you were looking for something more interesting/ethnic, try Monsoon, or if the lines aren't ridiculous... Din Tai Fung.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:06 pm
PBQ

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Purple Wine Bar is respectable.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Try Trellis in Kirkland!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.