Good Deal Restaurants:

JJ Chinese Restaurant
1048 South Federal Blvd
Denver

M&D's Cafe
2000 East 28th Avenue
Denver
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Denver Restaurant Week: $52.80 per couple

Next week is Denver Restaurant Week, a great way to sample of the town's best restaurants at a great "prix fixe" deal. Because Denver is the "mile high" city, all meals are available for $52.80 per couple (5,280 feet = 1 mile). Most of the restaurants, it looks like, have set three- and four-course meal selections at that price.

More information at:

http://www.denver.org/drw/default.asp

For some of the more ritzy restaurants (Tante Louise, Table 6, etc.), I would definitely recommend reservations.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Thanks. Maybe worth a duplicate post in the West forum?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm trying to figure out if the deal at Ruth's Chris is worth it. Cool River Café sounds pretty good, too.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:41 pm

Programs: MP PremExec HHSilver
Denver Dining

Anyone have any up-to-date suggestions/recommendations for dinner destinations in Denver? I've searched both this and the Dining Buzz forum for posts but they are all from 2003.

The dinner would be semi-business orientated for a group of about 7 guys and I would prefer something "different" rather than the regular options. We'll be located at the Adams Mark Hotel (my first time here in Denver) and if there's something close by then great. But, I would also consider a short cab/limo ride for a really special restaurant. Thanks for any help.

David
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:24 am

Just search this forum (and DiningBuzz) for "Denver." A number of the threads from the last 18 months deal with or include restaurant suggestions. Also, search both forums for "LoDo" (meaning lower downtown) so see if there are places in walking distance which might interest you. For a bit further away if that is an option, search on Boulder.

A little more guidance as to what you would prefer might help people come up with suggestions. Great steakhouse? Italian? Seafood? Japanese? Mexican/Tex-Mex? Germna? Bar-B-Que? Wine list? Cigar room? Many restaurants in the area have become or are moving toward being all non-smoking; if that would be preferred (or a problem), mention that as well. Are you looking for a dining experience which will last several hours, or are you looking for a 1-2 hour meal so that you can do some bar-hopping or other entertainment afterwards?

One thought: Up in Westminster (10-15 miles), there is an outdoor mall with 4+ pretty good sit-down restaurants (Thai, Japanese, Italian, Brewpub), a Dave & Busters (game room/bar/ restaurant), glow-in-the-dark putt-putt golf, bowling, movie theater, etc. if you wanted someplace away from downtown to cab to and from. There are other comparable offerings at other places around the metro area.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You can also take the Light Rail to the Buckhorn Exchange just across the street from the 10th and Osage station.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:23 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cheap dining according to City Search
http://denver.citysearch.com/bestof/...005/cheap_eats

1. CityPub South
3575 S. Yosemite, Denver, CO

2. Wahoo's Fish Taco
1521 Blake St, Denver, CO
Take a refreshing break from fast food with fusion surf fare.

3. Tommy's Thai
3410 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO
This remodeled Congress Park favorite still serves up simple, tasty, inexpensive Thai food.

4. The Old Spaghetti Factory
1215 18TH St, Denver, CO
Kitschy Italian restaurant churns out heaping plates of pasta that won't break the bank.

5. Jerusalem Restaurant
1890 E Evans Ave, Denver, CO
Serving up Denver's most authentic Middle Eastern cuisine into the wee hours.

6. Blue Bonnet Cafe and Lounge
457 S Broadway, Denver, CO
This long-standing Mexican food institution is still a crowd pleaser.

7. Cherry Cricket
2641 E 2nd Ave, Denver, CO
A dark burger dive in the midst of swank Cherry Creek North.

8. Jack-N-Grill
2524 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO

9. Jim's Burger Haven
7855 Sheridan Blvd, Arvada, CO

10. Tom's Home Cookin'
800 E 26TH Ave, Denver, CO
Rejoice, lovers of Southern-style cooking. This place has what you need.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 4:38 pm

2006 Link

Back again for 2006:

http://www.denver.org/DRW06/default.asp
Old Jan 20, 2006, 9:50 pm
nfc

Programs: WN AList; Delta Nada; Hilton DIamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TRRed
Looks Great!

Just had dinner at Little India tonight. Excellent Indian food and perfect service. It's not as fancy as some of the other restaurants, but one heck of a choice if you're in the mood for Indian.

Also, I'd recommend staying away from the Altitudes at the new Hyatt - Convention Center. Mrs. nfc and I tried having lunch there yesterday and it was an absolute disaster. First time I've ever been in a restaurant that has lied repeatedly and run out of food. The restaurant has only been open for a few weeks, but the service issues are impossible to overlook. Hopefully, they'll straighten them out. However, it's not worth ruining a nice night out.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 8:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
New York's is back again too, but watch the prices, the place we usually go as a group for lunch is actually raising their price to match the restaurant prices for the week.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 1:03 am

Programs: United-1K, Million Miler; SPG-Titanium and Lifetime Platinum; Globalist
I highly recommend Tamayo for a great Mango Mojito and authentic Mexican...no tex-mex here.

Food is great. Located in Larimer sqaure. In nice weather, the ambiance in the rooftop cafe is great.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
Breakfast at DEN?

I need to get to Denver Airport early on Saturday morning, as I need to go to the UA ticket counter and have my ticket reissued. Since I want to make sure I have enough time, I'm planning to get out to DIA around 2.5 hours before flight time. If I don't need 2 hours at the UA ticket counter, I'd like to eat breakfast before my flight. All I've ever seen at DIA is fast food. Is there actually a real restaurant / coffee shop where I can get a regular sit-down breakfast (i.e., like eggs & potatoes and toast)? If so, a) where is it, and b) is it any good?
Old May 10, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Upstairs, outside of security, I know in Jan of 05 I had a decent breakfast. Waffles with fresh fruit, I believe. Maybe a french restaurant?
Old May 11, 2006, 10:34 pm

I think SomeGuy may be thinking of Pour La France. I know of one location in the hub of Concourse B; www.Flydenver.com (which lists restaurants) indicates there is also one in the terminal. Wolfgang Puck's (also in Concourse B) may also offer something a little better than fast food for breakfast. It's been a long time since I've had breakfast at DIA, so I don't remember anything about the quality. If I were in your shoes, I'd clear security and head to B and check out those two places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.