Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
I also throw my vote to ShuttlePark2. I used to use MasterPark A, because we had a corporate rate with them, but I didn't like the idea that they drove my car and that it was parked on a gravel lot. Furthermore, they never offered bottled water like ShuttlePark 2 does. And there always seemed to be hidden "taxes" that brought the rate up even higher.

One note about SP2, though, is that their rates have secretly been climbing every few months. When I first started parking there, it was $6.13/day, certainly one of the cheapest options out there. Now I think they're up to $7.27 with the coupons. Still not bad, but just beware.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Current SP2 rate is $7.76 a day with coupon, $9.95 without. Steeper than before but the day rate in the airport central garage remains $20.

The margin of adventage is a little slimmer if you're away for a week. The weekly rate in the airport central garage has just been lowered to $85. A week at SP2 would be $53 with coupon, $70 without, plus tax.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 7:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Point Club

Originally Posted by BearX220
Current SP2 rate is $7.76 a day with coupon, $9.95 without. Steeper than before but the day rate in the airport central garage remains $20.

The margin of adventage is a little slimmer if you're away for a week. The weekly rate in the airport central garage has just been lowered to $85. A week at SP2 would be $53 with coupon, $70 without, plus tax.
Ah, yes. But if you fly a lot, the ShuttlePark2 Point Club is worth it -- parking for my last two week-long vacations have been free, because of all the business parking I do at SP2's lot. Not a bad deal.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 5:00 pm

Parking Seatac

Any good deals out there for parking? coupons?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
How low is a "good deal" at SEA?

http://www.seatacpark.com/ lists a rate of $9.95/day plus tax with a reservation.

Or how about http://www.thriftyparking.com ? By choosing random dates it displayed online coupons for $10.95/day or $64.95/week.

Still not what I would call "cheap", but less than the advertised $22/day for the long-term airport parking.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello again tryinthis2,

The Budget Travel forum isn't a place on FlyerTalk to try to find parking coupons or discounts. As there's no Seattle forum, I'm going to move this to the West Forum.

Thanks, and once again, please read the purpose of forums before posting in them.

bhatnasx
Budget Travel Moderator
Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:28 am

I like Shuttle Park 2

http://www.shuttlepark2.com/shuttlepark2/

Large lot, good service, and they give you bottled water on the shuttle ~$8 per day.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I generally use the MasterPark "A" lot at the Red Lion, directly across International Blvd. from the airport. It's $12.95/day, but you can often find coupons on their web site and they give airline miles (at least for AS). The "A" lot fills up first, so you should probably call and make a reservation. One advantage is that it's an easy 3 minute walk from baggage claim, great stretching after you've been in a plane for hours. (They also have a very regular shuttle.) Their web site always has a coupon, although thre rates are better for the "B" and "C" lots. http://www.masterparking.com/

I noticed yesterday that the WallyPark next to the Coast Hotel, one block from the airport entrance, has $9.95/day rates.

Althlough you might find cheaper rates, I personally go for convenience in terms of regular shuttles and lots closer to the airport.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
I like Shuttle Park 2

http://www.shuttlepark2.com/shuttlepark2/

Large lot, good service, and they give you bottled water on the shuttle ~$8 per day.
Shuttlepark 2 is our choice as well, although for a longer stay, i.e. a week or more one can sometimes get a good deal here:

http://www.seatacpark.com/index.html

BLI-Flyer's comments in regard to MasterPark are accurate AFAIK so it depends on how much extra you're willing to pay for their generally more regular shuttles and shorter distance/time.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 3:14 am

what have done in the past is find a hotel not too far away from the airport and stay the night before my flight-something around 50 dollars.you can usually leave your car there-the numbers of days vary but most are 10 days and 5.00 for each extra day.it was a 2 hour drive to the airport for me so it was cheaper for me to stay the night and leave my car rather than pay for parking for a 10 day trip and most all the hotels have shuttles to and from the airport
Old Aug 31, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'm partial to doug fox, more expensive, but we've never had a problem with them. In the morning they give you the WSJ and water both going and coming.

They have coupons on their website, you park your own car and they have a points club that adds up to free parking.

http://www.dougfoxparking.com/dougfoxparking/
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; United Silver
One of the Seattle news stations did an analysis of the car prowls and thefts in the parking lots and hotel lots around the SeaTac airport for the 1 year period between March 2006 and March 2007.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/inves...S.efee318.html

Might be of interest the next time you are looking for a place to leave your vehicle.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:23 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm delighted that ShuttlePark2, where I've been leaving my car every week for more than three years, isn't on here. (The original ShuttlePark/Airstar lot is going to be closed soon due to construction on the light rail.)

Since the original Radisson is also gone, due to demolition for the light rail, I guess that takes care of any car theft problems there.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Marriott Gold; Avis First
Off Airport Parking at SEA

This isn't a question about SEA as a destination, but as a departure point. Alas, I can't find any better place to post this.

I've just moved up to Seattle and I know that the parking at Sea-Tac can be a pain, especially around the holidays. It looks like the airport only operates the garage, not any remote lots (which is what I've used in SLC and DEN). All of the remote lots are private and I'm wondering if folks have any favorites. I'm not looking for the best deal since my company will pay for most of the parking, but I am looking for:
  1. Frequent shuttles - I hate waiting more than 5 or 10 minutes for a but to or from the terminal
  2. Reservations - ability to make reservations for peak times (e.g. Christmas) so I know I'll have a parking space
  3. Round the clock - While my travel is usually Mon - Thurs, I also have enough trips that leave or arrive at odd times that I want to be able to fetch my car at 3am when my flight from ORD finally arrives (after the inevitable delay...)
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

With those criteria, I would look at http://www.seatacpark.com/

The downsides are that it is south of the airport (so a longer drive from the city) and just a little bit farther away (from the airport).

Besides what you noted as what you're looking for, the place is quick to pick up (at the airport and at your car), has clean busses, the people are friendly (always greeted w/ a hello when you drive in), and has a frequent parker club (so you can park for free when you're not on business).

Just an idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.