Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2003, 1:04 pm

Parking at SEA

Does Sea-Tac have any on-site longterm parking for less than $20/day? Their website doesn't seem to show anything between their garage fees and off-site parking.

I'm looking for something similar to PDX's parking--on-site and around $10/day. Does that exist at SEA?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:25 pm

SEA's onsite parking is expensive all around. The only options are the garage. There actually used to be a price difference between hourly (3rd floor) and longer (other floors), but now it's equally expensive.

If it's any consolation, you can actually go more expensive by doing valet parking.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC Prestige "lite"
Sea-Tac long-term parking lot recommendations?

I posted the extenda-mix version of this questions in TravelBuzz, but Fredd suggested that there is more expertise here...

Anybody have a personal favourite long-term parking lot at Sea-Tac? We've never parked there, and are looking for a nice, safe, secure lot. I've already heard two YEAs for Shuttlepark, and one caution not to park near an exterior fence in the event of rock-throwers.

Cheers!
Old Dec 31, 2004, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Well, since I suggested you try here, let me start with a couple of suggestions. There is a Shuttlepark and a Shuttlepark2. We have used both:

http://www.shuttlepark.com/shuttlepark/

http://www.shuttlepark2.com/shuttlepark2/

The discounted daily rate through the web coupon at SP2 is about as cheap as we've found,and we've never had a hint of a problem at either place. I suppose the suggestion about not parking near an exterior fence is a good one if one is particularly concerned.

Several years ago before we were flying so much we found an Internet site that advertised the cheapest parking I'd seen. The only catch was that you had to prepay and there were no refunds. We did, and when we showed up at this place... well, let's say I'm glad we were driving a big old Ford Crown Vic because we had to leave our keys with them too. They parked it in a kind of hilly field. The car survived but it made me suspicious.

I have the feeling as we wait in the shuttle spot at SEA that other shuttles come around a little more regularly (for example Doug Fox), but worse case, it's no problem just calling these outfits as they also cruise fairly regularly and the longest I've ever waited is about 20 minutes from the time I use the courtesy phone at the pickup area.

I'm also assuming you don't want to include an overnight because of your proximity. Sometimes there are good Park and Fly deals at motels, or even free parking at some of the outlying ones, but any of the ones we've found haven't included really secure parking.

Others with more experience may be able to offer some other alternatives. I'd be really interested to see them as well because we're always looking for something a little better.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Jan 2, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Marriot Gold, National Exec.
I frequently use MasterPark - Lot A for 7 -10 day stays.
http://www.masterparking.com/

You can literally walk from Lot A to the terminal if you had to, but the shuttles are always quick.

I haven't had any luck with Park-N-Fly or Doug Fox, not from a security stand point, but in my experience the shuttles have been painfully slow.

MasterPark is a little spendy though.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
MasterPark is the most expensive option but they seem to have the most shuttles.

I use ShuttlePark2 most often and they're friendly and inexpensive, but I've waited up to 25 minutes for a shuttle. They also are a mile or so from the airport.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
MasterPark is the most expensive option but they seem to have the most shuttles.

I use ShuttlePark2 most often and they're friendly and inexpensive, but I've waited up to 25 minutes for a shuttle. They also are a mile or so from the airport.
Our experience is identical to what you've described. The complimentary water bottles that ShuttlePark2 hands out on the bus are a nice touch.

We have recently gotten good deals (e.g. under $100) staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Tukwila and the Southcenter Hampton Inn because they have free parking. The parking is right out in the open, so it doesn't meet the OP's concern about parking security, but for a ten-day trip a decent motel room, breakfast (at the Hampton) and high-speed Internet are basically free.

Last edited by Fredd; Jan 6, 2005 at 3:52 pm Reason: typos
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:55 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I always use SeaTacPark

http://www.seatacpark.com/weekly.html
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:28 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I've also been happy with Shuttle Park 2. The drivers are usually friendly and helpful. The previous comment about the coupon on their web site is a good tip. Also, they have a frequent parker program. You basically get a free day for every 6-7 paid days.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC Prestige "lite"
Thank you all for the help! Shuttlepark 2 it is
Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:49 pm

I often use SeaTacPark.... if you grab the coupons out the AS in-flight magazines (although not as good as they used to be), plus take into account you get 5 free days parking for every 25 (equivalent to 1 free day for every 5 paid), it ends up being a good deal. Excellent service usually. Park your car and they pick you up immediately. Use their website to guarantee your rate. I liked the old punch card system, as the agents would often sneak a few extra punches in at times... now its all automated and legit. (Darn! hehehe!)

ShuttlePark2 is also great. Cheaper initial rate, but comparable to SeaTacPark over the long run, and a little close to the airport. I used to dislike their service (slow picking you up in the lot), but they've changed to operate more like SeaTacPark, so I use them occasionally too. User their website for their web rate.

Another little tibit of parking info... you can now park at the airport for $14.95/day ALL IN... flat rate. Business travelers can now sign up for a frequent parking card that has this $14.95 rate. This is very comparable to MasterPark Lot A, especially when you add in MasterPark's taxes and fees. The Sea Tac $14.95 rate includes taxes and fees. I use this when I'm only gone for a day or two, or if I'm running so late, I can't take the chance parking off site. Oh, and you also get 10% off Starbucks and SBC coffee in the airport.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Depending on how long you are staying....

The Doubletree has got park 'n fly rates for stays of 7, 10 and IIRC 14 days so if you have an early AM departure or arrive back into SEA late, it's an option. You can do your stay at the beginning or at the end. The DT shuttle is every 15 mins 24/7 and it's even walkable from the airport in a pinch.

I remember seatacpark starting at $0.99 when it first started. Still have the 5 free days from a punch card completed 2 years ago. Thankfully these don't expire.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
Park 'n Fly hotels at SEA

The Coast Gateway offers a Park 'n Fly and they utilize MasterPark's lot. I believe you get 7 free days parking with one night's stay. Their rates are pretty reasonable as I recall, plus they have those make your own belgium waffles for their continental breakfast. Since they don't keep the cars on site they don't run out of park 'n fly space like the airport Red Lion (not to be mistaken with the Red Lion Boeing Field/Seattle South).

Red Lion Boeing Field/Seattle South does a park 'n fly with an open lot and their facility is good if you wanna go pretend you're in the days of Jackie Kennedy... hey, the Airforce 1 from that era is right down the road at the Museum of Flight. There is a Thai rest. in the lobby, okay food but avoid their Sunday brunch. The bar closes early Fri & Sat nights, they have Alaskan Amber on tap for cheaper than I've ever found in Alaska!

Ramada Limited has a Park n' Fly and you can leave your car in their underground garage. As someone else already mentioned, the Doubletree offers Park n' Fly but I think they use their own lot, which is gated but not fenced. Red Roof Inn does a park 'n fly & keeps the cars in their open access lot, but I wouldn't recommend staying there.

Budget Inn in Renton, great value but not worth the distance and the rooms aren't that great. Whatever you do, stay away from Sutton Suites, no matter how great of a deal they are offering!

I have noticed parking at SEA is really expensive. Be sure to grab a coupon book, they are available in baggage and at rest stops along the highways.

Alison
Chugiak, AK
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:03 am

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
I have always been happy with the service from MasterPark. I can just drop off the car, the luggage gets put on the shuttle, and the car is waiting and warming up when I come back.

When my stays have been longer, I've been running down to the airport with my wife, renting a car the day before our trip, and then dropping it off when departing. Reverse the process on the way back. Depending on the luggage involved, either a standard car or and SUV/van does the trick. Usually, the break even point is around 8-9 days.

I'm really glad I did that when I was gone for 5 1/2 weeks.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ackitty
Thank you all for the help! Shuttlepark 2 it is
Good choice. I fly weekly, and now use ShuttlePark 2 exclusively. Make sure to sign up for their Points program at their Web site of www.shuttlepark2.com, which also can have Web special coupon rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.