Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Layover at SEA - What to do? Where to go? How much time?" thread

Old Jul 11, 2001, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, UA 1K, *wood Plat

I'm coming through SEA, connecting from from HNL to AMS and have a killer seven-hour layover. Any recommendations for day-rate hotels, great activities in SEA, nearby gym or legit massage?

------------------
NWA Platinum Elite, Centurion
Old Jul 16, 2001, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
It's been addressed before. You can get a bus or taxi to take you to the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 10:58 pm

Twelve hours at SEA in Jan.

I will be spending 12 hours at the airport this January. Is there any interesting places to go in that length of time? I have been to the Space Needle before, so I would like to avoid that. I did some checking and it looks like there is a good bus system from the airport, so that will likely be my ride. Thanks

win1300
Old Oct 13, 2002, 2:07 pm

Go crawl around Pikes Place Market. Lots of funky stuff to see, great seafood in the area, and you can get a java fix at the first Starbucks!

JP
Old Oct 16, 2002, 8:10 am

Thank you!! It looks like I can get there in 28 minutes from the airport for only $1.25. Can't beat that! What is the weather like at that time of year? Thanks again

win1300
Old Oct 16, 2002, 9:42 am
Original Member

If you don't want to take the city bus, you can take the Gray Line express to downtown hotels. I would get off at the Westin, located right between the downtown shopping district and Pike Place Market. You can walk down Stewart or Virginia St. to the market and also check out the downtown Pacific Place mall and shops.

Weather in January? Who knows? Expect 40s and wet but it does snow every couple years.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 8:54 pm
gsw

Programs: DL
The Seattle Underground tour it a lot of fun. My mom and sister were here this summer, and both loved it. Also, if you like dim sum, the International District has great Chinese restaurants.
Old Oct 22, 2002, 10:07 pm

Should feel balmy coming from N.Dakota!

You might also want to consider riding the monorail to the space needle. It's cool to go up in, and there is also a music experience/museum at it's base that is supposed to be good.

JP
Old Nov 14, 2002, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
While in Pike Place Market, have lunch or dinner at Maximillien. You will find it just to the left of the Fishthrowers. Pleasant place, great food, spectacular view of Elliot Bay, watching the ferries come in. And if you are really lucky, you might see the snow-covered Olympics across the Sound.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:51 pm

Gee, I didn't think the Olympics were in Washington state this year !

JP
Old Dec 2, 2002, 3:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
If you are still interested, you can email me. I'd be happy to play hostess if our times coordinate. I love showing this beautiful city to others!

BTW, our weather right now is in the 50s and NO rain. . .
Old Jul 8, 2003, 7:43 am

3-hour layover in Seattle, what to do?

On our way to Hawaii, we'll have a 3-hour layover in Seattle. We're traveling with our 7 & 11 year olds. Any suggestions on what to do during those 3 hours? Any areas we should try to visit in Seattle that's near the airport?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 12, 2003, 11:17 pm

Programs: None, but flying a lot more Delta these days
Its about a 20 minute cab ride to downtown. You might come down walk around Pike Place Market for a bit.

There's not a whole lot out by the airport, one posibility is a visit to Boeing, not sure if you can do a tour in that time frame though.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 12:34 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Security at SEA has been an issue as of late. I wouldnt recommend trying to get downtown and back in that short of a time frame.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
4 or 5 hours to kill at SEA on a Saturday night

In a couple of weeks I'll be passing through SEA on a mileage run extension to a business trip. Will arrive in SEA at about 8 pm on Saturday night and depart at 12:55 am (on AA). I understand the Admirals Club closes early on Saturday, so the option to kill time there is gone. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.