Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Uber in Denver

Uber in Denver

Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Uber in Denver

Uber and lyft in Denver are the worst. Just to go a mile it's always surging all day and night for $11 or so. Not only that but their GPS always seems off or the driver cannot find where I am. Takes around 15 to 20 min to get picked up. There are no taxis around that I have seen. They need competitors here ASAP. Gett? Juno? Please!!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Vip4me
Uber and lyft in Denver are the worst. Just to go a mile it's always surging all day and night for $11 or so. Not only that but their GPS always seems off or the driver cannot find where I am. Takes around 15 to 20 min to get picked up. There are no taxis around that I have seen. They need competitors here ASAP. Gett? Juno? Please!!
Can't say I had the same experience. Surge is everywhere, can't avoid that. And the drivers I had in Denver were flawless in my experience.

And I'm not sure that Gett, or Juno, with their inferior technology, would be a better option for getting drivers to you.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
It was horrible experience in Denver for me but it was also during some big-game weekend.

Also surge is NOT everywhere all the time like it was in Denver. I rarely get surgeo in Dallas or ANY other city.

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 15, 2017 at 7:29 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
If it's surging all the time in Denver, that should attract additional drivers to join, yes?

Free market and all, I would think.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

A well-respected Flyertalk member and iconic writer on the Trip Reports Forum now has a transportation business in Colorado. Caveat emptor: I have not used the service. I know the owner of the company through my interactions with him on Flyertalk. I can not vouch for his service. I can say I would trust him and his service , based on my interactions.
https://eightblackcars.com
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by obscure2k
A well-respected Flyertalk member and iconic writer on the Trip Reports Forum now has a transportation business in Colorado. Caveat emptor: I have not used the service. I know the owner of the company through my interactions with him on Flyertalk. I can not vouch for his service. I can say I would trust him and his service , based on my interactions.
https://eightblackcars.com
Meh. Hard to trust a company that won't provide a price quote unless you first give them all of your information.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I wondered where he went/was up to. He used to write the funniest trip reports.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Unless he's driving the car, I'm not interested.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Unless he's driving the car, I'm not interested.
I would pay extra to have him drive me and tell stories

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.