Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dropping off passengers at SEA with RV?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Dropping off passengers at SEA with RV?

What's the procedure if any for dropping off passengers at SeaTac in a 32 ft RV?
Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rick Danz
What's the procedure if any for dropping off passengers at SeaTac in a 32 ft RV?
Thanks!
You could drop them at the Tukwila Link station.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
You could drop them at the Tukwila Link station.
Would they then need to get a train/light rail to SEA stop http://www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Gu...irport-Station ?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Would they then need to get a train/light rail to SEA stop http://www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Gu...irport-Station ?
Yes. It's one stop, costs $2.50 per person I think. Light rail. There's room for luggage, people take luggage on it all the time. I have only ever ridden it with carry-on, but that's because I took the 545 bus to get to Seattle to pick it up, and there's no way to take big luggage on the 545. But people getting on the Link took big luggage some of them, and there was plenty of room. That's not "the" procedure and it certainly isn't the only way to do it, but it would definitely work, and it's what popped into my head.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:04 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
There's plenty of headroom on the departures deck if you're concerned about the RV fitting. Obviously other cars and drivers might be annoyed, and weaving to the curbside could be difficult. Time of day would matter, too.

You could also drop them off in the parking lot behind the elevator to the skybridge over SR99 that connects directly to the airport light rail station, a 10-15 min. walk from the terminal. There are luggage carts (for rent) at the station. https://goo.gl/maps/ytUZU8X5kPM2
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
There's plenty of headroom on the departures deck if you're concerned about the RV fitting. Obviously other cars and drivers might be annoyed, and weaving to the curbside could be difficult. Time of day would matter, too.

You could also drop them off in the parking lot behind the elevator to the skybridge over SR99 that connects directly to the airport light rail station, a 10-15 min. walk from the terminal. There are luggage carts (for rent) at the station. https://goo.gl/maps/ytUZU8X5kPM2
The seccond suggestion is obviously better than my idea, and I think if the traffic is light enough, the first suggestion - just driving up in there - might be easiest.

If there's lots of traffic at the terminal, driving in there with an RV might be a colossal pain, though. In light traffic, if the OP can handle the vehicle skillfully enough, the annoyance to other drivers would be much less than that caused by the drivers who come in there and just SIT and block everybody.

The second suggestion:

This is it, right?

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4453...2!8i6656?hl=en
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:58 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
The second suggestion:

This is it, right?

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4453...2!8i6656?hl=en
Yep.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
You could also follow the signs to overheight parking and drop them there. They walk through the parking garage to the elevators up to the skybridges. You'll have to pay $3 for this option.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
An option ----along international blvd the main hotel drag---stop at 176th and international at the choice hotel (I think its a clarion) that is just across the street from the airport link station and easy walking distance from there to the airport.

You could possibly use some other hotel options as well and then sneak onto the hotel shuttle. Similarly use a few of the satellite parking lots and they take the airport shuttle.

You could also drop them off at the rental car center at 160th and international and use the shuttle buses from there...just drive in like a bus (maybe you could get in---I don't recall)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by djp98374
You could also drop them off at the rental car center at 160th and international and use the shuttle buses from there...just drive in like a bus (maybe you could get in---I don't recall)
That's an excellent idea and indeed would work; there is a visitors parking lot (use the rental car bus entrance) that would have plenty of space. Then walk a few hundred feet to the rental car bus return. No worries about "sneaking" onto a hotel or private lot's shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.