Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Does SEA have an outgoing mail drop box airside?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:43 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

Question is in the header.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 355F1
Question is in the header.
Yes I have seen several boxes airside. However the boxes I have seen aren't typical blue USPS boxes but are set up by the airport. They are in most well traveled areas.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I've had BR agents throw stuff in the outgoing mail for me before.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
It's not overly conspicuous but I do recall there being one mounted on a column outside the security screening area located at the knuckle of C and D concourse.

It's not in your typical USPS livery but is labeled as a mail drop.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
According to the Port:
Concourse A – across from Starbucks and Gate A3
Concourse B – at the entrance to the Concourse
Concourse C – at the entrance to the Concourse
Concourse D (two) - across from Hudson News and behind the North Security Checkpoint
I'm not sure if that's still correct about the one behind the north checkpoint - I don't recall seeing it since the last reconfiguration.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
These are not USPS mailboxes. They are operated by the Port and the contents are delivered to USPS. The Postal Service won't pick up mail inside security for...er...security reasons.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I can confirm that I have mailed many things from the one at the entrance to the B concourse and everything has gone out daily and gotten received in a timely manner. It is just right there in the middle, as you are walking out towards the B gates. If you get to the McDonalds you have gone too far. Its i think quite close to the little store that sells Airplane and Airport code things.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Kieron
According to the Port:

I'm not sure if that's still correct about the one behind the north checkpoint - I don't recall seeing it since the last reconfiguration.
I think it's there. Almost ran into it recently
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Used the one listed at entrance to C today. Really, it's more like in the Y between C and D against the pillar in front of the Duty Free store. And it's Barney purple.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.