Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Print Wikipost

TSA wait times at SEA these days?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Glomming onto this thread with my own situation: I'll be flying out of SEA on Tuesday 8/30 at 08:25 on AA. I have PreCheck and OW Emerald status. My usual practice is to show up at the airport an hour before the flight, no earlier--is there any reason I'd need longer?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:56 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Glomming onto this thread with my own situation: I'll be flying out of SEA on Tuesday 8/30 at 08:25 on AA. I have PreCheck and OW Emerald status. My usual practice is to show up at the airport an hour before the flight, no earlier--is there any reason I'd need longer?
How are you getting to the airport? The traffic backup can be really bad.

I wouldn't risk an hour even with precheck. End-of-summer crowds (cruise people, etc.) can be dense, and it's just not predictable enough. Plus the AA gates (now on the D concourse where AS used to be) can be quite a schlep from security. I'd suggest 90 min. and you can blame me if you're sitting around for a little while. Enjoy the view of the Olympics.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:21 am

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn Seattle Airport-28th Ave. so I will take their shuttle over. The shuttle schedule will determine my arrival, but I seem to always find myself deciding between the one that will get me there 1:25 before my flight and 0:55 before my flight I will err on the side of caution next week, thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I took the train from Seattle to SEA-TAC and I am glad that I did. The traffic was backed up pretty bad. If you're going by car, definitely give yourself more time.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I wouldn't risk an hour even with precheck. End-of-summer crowds (cruise people, etc.) can be dense, and it's just not predictable enough. Plus the AA gates (now on the D concourse where AS used to be) can be quite a schlep from security. I'd suggest 90 min. and you can blame me if you're sitting around for a little while.
Arrived at the airport at 06:42 for my 08:25 departure. Was on the far side of security, via PreCheck, by 06:47. Only then discovered that there is no AA lounge at SEA. I blamed you
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I took the train from Seattle to SEA-TAC and I am glad that I did. The traffic was backed up pretty bad. If you're going by car, definitely give yourself more time.
depends on when the flight is---evening rush hour time will be bad but you can take local streets to bypass the highway
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
I was at SEA on Wed at around 4pm and was overall pretty unbusy. TSA line was longer than the regular line (they only had one pre-check open), but it was only 10 people in line so wasn't a big deal.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Monday, Labor Day, 7:30 AM. Got through Pre at checkpoint 3 in about 8 minutes. Checkpoint 4 rejected United Gold for the premium line but checkpoint 3 took it (ticketed on AS). Premium line was about 15 minutes. General line looked like about 20. Long lines but moving fast. At 4 they were directing pax to 3 because it was faster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.