Search

Losing altitude - ABQ Sunport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest RR, Alaska Mileage Plan™

Losing altitude

For seven straight years, passenger traffic has fallen at the Albuquerque International Sunport.

It seems 2015 will go in the books as the eighth.
I fly out of ABQ on occasion [that is when I fly]. It is a pleasant airport, and not overly crowded.

Good article about effect of old Wright amendment on them
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:08 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-how-post.html I will move this to the appropriate destination forum while leaving a permanent re-direct in Travel News.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
I have a layover at ABQ airport scheduled for Dec 28 for a couple of hours. Any tips on what to do there?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ArrVea
I have a layover at ABQ airport scheduled for Dec 28 for a couple of hours. Any tips on what to do there?
Depending on how many hours, there's a museum of something like the atomic bomb on the air force base adjacent to the airport. It's easiest to get there by car and you need to make advance arrangements for security to let you onto the base.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Member

The museum is not on the base any more, it's next to it. No security required. Btw, it's a great museum with all sorts of interesting items, well worth a visit.

I got stranded at abq for a day and a half due to snow. I ran out of things to do at the airport after about 1/2 an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.