Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Any Star Alliance flights from PHX to Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Any Star Alliance flights from Phoenix to Europe?
Old May 24, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Not non stop. The only non stop from PHX to anywhere in Europe is British Airways (OneWorld) 288/289 to and from London Heathrow.

If you want Star you're likely looking at United with a connection in Chicago, Newark or Houston, or Air Canada connecting in Toronto.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lost
If you want Star you're likely looking at United with a connection in Chicago, Newark or Houston, or Air Canada connecting in Toronto.
Additional connecting points for *A ex-PHX to Europe with only one connecting point: UA to SFO, LAX, DEN, & IAD and seasonally on AC to YYC & YVR.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:59 am

Note that the portions from LAX, IAD, SFO and DEN can be on LH metal
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by guidospizza
Note that the portions from LAX, IAD, SFO and DEN can be on LH metal
Just as they can from EWR, IAH, ORD, & YYZ.

*A TATL metal from:

DEN: LH
EWR: AI, LH, LX, OS, SK, TP, UA
IAD: ET, LH, OS, SA, SK, SN, UA
IAH: LH, SK, TK, UA
ORD: AI, LH, LO, LX, OS, SK, TK, UA
LAX: LH, LX, NZ, TK, UA
SFO: LH, LX, SK, TK, UA
YVR: AC, LH
YYC: AC
YYZ: AC, ET, LH, LO, MS, OS, TK
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I've yet to go to London, but I'd love to just hang out in the BA terminal one day. They seem to have flights everywhere, including all major-semi major airports in the US. Assuming it's a daily 747, they wouldn't run it if they didn't think it was worth it, but how many people and how much high yield traffic could really be on that route day to day. I know there's the alliance partnership with US airways who's hub is there, I guess they try to funnel traffic to that flight, but it's just hard to imagine the loads are very good.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
OP - if you want to see for yourself, check out openflights.org - you can identify where you can go from certain cities and who flies there.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I've yet to go to London, but I'd love to just hang out in the BA terminal one day. They seem to have flights everywhere, including all major-semi major airports in the US. Assuming it's a daily 747, they wouldn't run it if they didn't think it was worth it, but how many people and how much high yield traffic could really be on that route day to day. I know there's the alliance partnership with US airways who's hub is there, I guess they try to funnel traffic to that flight, but it's just hard to imagine the loads are very good.
The flight came well after US' first failed partnership with BA and before US' current partnership with BA. They made it profitable with very little connecting traffic ex-PHX. A combination, no doubt, of desert people going to London and points beyond along with people headed to AZ for the sun and Grand Canyon. I'd be interested to know what portion of traffic ex-LHR was open jaw traffic between LHR, PHX, and either LAS or LAX.

Last edited by Indelaware; Jun 11, 2015 at 9:17 pm
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Indelaware
The flight came well after US' first failed partnership with BA and before US' current partnership with BA. They made it profitable with very little connecting traffic ex-ORD. A combination, no doubt, of desert people going to London and points beyond along with people headed to AZ for the sun and Grand Canyon. I'd be interested to know what portion of traffic ex-LHR was open jaw traffic between LHR, PHX, and either LAS or LAX.
I would be interested too, I'm such a nerd for that kinda stuff
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I too was a little shocked when I saw BA has a 747 flying from London to Phoenix.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I too was a little shocked when I saw BA has a 747 flying from London to Phoenix.
Why would it be surprising? Firstly, it's London - the largest premium O&D market in the world. Secondly, for historical/cultural reasons London is the dominant TATL destination out of the majority of North American cities. A daily 747 to secondary markets the likes of Amsterdam or Frankfurt would be more of a surprise.

Also bear in mind that even the high-density 747 that BA sends to PHX has "only" 345 seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.