Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Where to stay, Glendale/Scottsdale/Phoenix for Superbowl 2015

Where to stay, Glendale/Scottsdale/Phoenix for Superbowl 2015

Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by mkjr
I was making some tentative plans. You are not kidding. Nothing in Phoenix. And the 1 stars. What, 899 a night. Joke. I'll drive from Blythe thank you and fly in and out of LAX. Phak Phoenix. I don't drink if my team is playing so driving in and out is no issue for me.
Thats why every year i book a couple of rooms a year in advance using points that are refundable. Did it last year in NY, but blew it off last minute because of weather. But this year looks like it I'll be in Phoenix. Might have an extra room at the Aloft..
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

I have kept refining my reservations all of which been using points. I now have

• 3 nights Renaissance Phoenix which is in the middle of Super Bowl Central
  • 3 nights HIX Glendale which is walking distance to stadium

So I will be downtown midweek and in Glendale for the weekend. It is a nice mix.

I also have 4 nights at RI Glendale (will probably cancel if friends do not use) and just cancelled 4 nights at HIX Scottsdale.

I was looking for Starwood to have a moments event at the Waste Managment open that week but they have not done it yet so it is doubtful. They did it last year.

Rooms have not been that hard to get if using Marriott or IHG points.

Last edited by mileshound; Jan 9, 2015 at 4:22 pm
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
If anyone is still looking for a place to stay for the Super Bowl:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...week/21515623/
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Can I rent my garage out for $1000 a night? I've got an old cargo van in the driveway. I think it has a carpeted floor. $500 a night?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Ashasan2005
Thats why every year i book a couple of rooms a year in advance using points that are refundable. Did it last year in NY, but blew it off last minute because of weather. But this year looks like it I'll be in Phoenix. Might have an extra room at the Aloft..
Thanks. I have some friends to lean on but don't won't to unless the seahawks are playing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.