Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "PHX SkyTrain" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Which hotel specifically? Most of the area hotels have shuttles to my knowledge. There are other hotels in downtown PHX that would be easy walks from the downtown stops. I would certainly not want to walk all the way up to Van Buren from the light rail stop in the middle of the night.
Homewood suites 2001 E. Highland Avenue- only offers shuttle within a 5 mile radius

Are there taxis in the area? We want to rent a car but most off airport ones are closed on Sunday and we arrive late Sat night and staying closer to the airport on our first night.

Last edited by duranza; Apr 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
The hotel is not within walking distance at all of any light rail stops. You can check the route and schedule for the 24th St./Glendale bus (route 70) at Valleymetro.org. If you're willing to do some transferring, you can get that bus at 24th St. / Washington or 24th St. / Jefferson, or near the consolidated rental car facility. You could take the light rail going West towards 19th / Montebello, 2 stops from 44th St. / Washington and transfer to a Northbound route 70 bus. Or, you could take a shuttle from the terminal to the rental car facility and walk to a stop near there.

Otherwise, shuttle, taxi, or rental car from the airport will have to do.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:45 pm

The hotel is not within walking distance at all of any light rail stops. You can check the route and schedule for the 24th St./Glendale bus (route 70) at Valleymetro.org. If you're willing to do some transferring, you can get that bus at 24th St. / Washington or 24th St. / Jefferson, or near the consolidated rental car facility. You could take the light rail going West towards 19th / Montebello, 2 stops from 44th St. / Washington and transfer to a Northbound route 70 bus. Or, you could take a shuttle from the terminal to the rental car facility and walk to a stop near there.

Otherwise, shuttle, taxi, or rental car from the airport will have to do.
Yes I know that the hotel is not within walking distance I thought maybe with the new skytrain system extending from the airport that it would be closer to the hotel and it would pick us up.
I have sent them a message.
If they do not pick up from that location then we will take a taxi . thanks for your help.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by duranza
Homewood suites 2001 E. Highland Avenue- only offers shuttle within a 5 mile radius

Are there taxis in the area? We want to rent a car but most off airport ones are closed on Sunday and we arrive late Sat night and staying closer to the airport on our first night.
SuperShuttle is $15 from PHX to your hotel. Probably the most convenient.

Most of the HLEs in the Phoenix area are open on Sunday. Closest would be 2nd Ave & Indian School, or 5th Street & Dunlap; they have local pick up service.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Which hotel specifically? Most of the area hotels have shuttles to my knowledge. There are other hotels in downtown PHX that would be easy walks from the downtown stops. I would certainly not want to walk all the way up to Van Buren from the light rail stop in the middle of the night.
The aloft seems close by...
Old May 1, 2013, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hello All,

We went to airport today. We took on PHX Skytrain. The station are so gorgeous! We rode on PHX SkyTrain. It was so wonderful. We really liked it lots. So here the picture:

Enjoy!
Old May 1, 2013, 7:00 pm

Awesome photos.. thanks for sharing.. place looked empty..?
Old May 1, 2013, 8:16 pm

Last time I rode it there were more airport and airline employees than travelers.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Actually, it was last month when the airport are too extremely busy. So I didn't go. I didn't want to be comfortable with those people. So today, it was very slow. It wasn't too busy at all.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I lived in Phoenix from 2003-2010 so I watched a lot of it get built. A couple months ago I was at PHX and decided to ride it for the fun of it. I was pleased it's not too far a walk from T4 to the stop which was good. Though who decided the East Economy Lot stop should be open air? Those giant fans didn't do anything to keep it cool. That said, sure beats the buses to the light rail. Definitely an improvement for PHX ^
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
I lived in Phoenix from 2003-2010 so I watched a lot of it get built. A couple months ago I was at PHX and decided to ride it for the fun of it. I was pleased it's not too far a walk from T4 to the stop which was good. Though who decided the East Economy Lot stop should be open air? Those giant fans didn't do anything to keep it cool. That said, sure beats the buses to the light rail. Definitely an improvement for PHX ^
I'm glad hear it. You can come back to PHX anytime. You are always welcome to come.

The next phase II to terminal 2/3 station is schedule to open sometime in early 2015.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
I suspect that there might be better uses of city, state, and federal tax dollars than a multi-million-dollar train that covers the seven hundred yards from T4 to East Economy.

Last edited by Wilbur; Jul 10, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wilbur
I suspect that there might be better uses of city, state, and federal tax dollars than a multi-million-dollar train that covers the seven hundred years from T4 to East Economy.
How about a light rail system? Oh wait, already got that too!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How about a light rail system? Oh wait, already got that too!
No, actually, this is called PHX SkyTrain. The metro light rail does not go to Sky Harbor Airport.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:14 am

When you've already spent $1.5B to replace perfectly acceptable buses, what's a few hundred more million? What's the deal, trains are cool to ride but buses aren't?

From what I've seen, it is still a glorified overpriced employee shuttle train that will look like an even larger waste of money when US scales back service after their merger with AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.