Rabbits Wreaking Havoc On Cars At DIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rabbits Wreaking Havoc On Cars At DIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Post Rabbits Wreaking Havoc On Cars At DIA

What's up Doc at DEN...

DENVER (CBS4) Travelers have a warning for drivers who park their cars near Denver International Airport (DIA). Rabbits are chewing the wires under many cars costing owners a lot of money. The rabbits get in and chew the brake lines, the clutch lines and other wiring. Local car repair shops estimates [sic] they can do thousands of dollars in damage.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/2...n-cars-at-dia/
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
As the story notes, this story has been reported off and on for at least a decade. Given that the entire metro Denver area is awash in bunnies, it doesn't make sense to me that they would only go after cars in parking lots at DIA and ignore the rest of the metro area.

I think rabbit chewing is possible, just very rare.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
As the story notes, this story has been reported off and on for at least a decade. Given that the entire metro Denver area is awash in bunnies, it doesn't make sense to me that they would only go after cars in parking lots at DIA and ignore the rest of the metro area.

I think rabbit chewing is possible, just very rare.
By golly you're right, and in regard to FT it's my fault. I thought the story seemed vaguely familiar, right down to the "What's up Doc" first line.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...r-airport.html

Last edited by Fredd; Jan 27, 2013 at 9:05 am
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Kill da wabbits, kill da wabbits, kill da waaaabits!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:25 pm

Wow, I missed this in the local news but I always see rabbits in the parking lot. The poor guys are hungry - just dump your food garbage outside before you head out and you'll be fine.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Bunnies (still) in the news at DEN

Yet another news story for those of us breathlessly waiting.

We learn what those wascally wabbits supposedly want...

"They come to the recently driven cars for warmth, and once they're there, they find that many of the materials used for coating ignition cables are soy-based, and the rabbits find that quite tasty," Wiley Faris, a spokesman for the nearby Arapahoe Autotek repair center, said.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ar-cables?lite
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The article has this tidbit which, I think, sums up the hyperbole:

Although the rabbits have caused problems, officials have only received a handful of complaints according to Laura Coale, a spokeswoman for the airport.

"We have 53 square miles of land," she said. "We had 4.3 million parking transactions in 2012, and we only received three claims. People are not coming to us. They go to the newspaper and say their damage happened here. Why here, versus any other place in Colorado?"
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
The article has this tidbit which, I think, sums up the hyperbole:
It makes good fodder for a slow news day.

I'll probably post another in six months or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.