Reload this Page >

SeaTac car rental changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SeaTac car rental changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by rzsionak
I flew out of SEA numerous times in the past and can't ever remember the rental car traffic causing any kind of traffic jams or delays. There was a separate rental car entrance prior to the arrival/departure area.

If they needed more parking why not make the new rental car facility an economy parking facility. That or open the spaces in the current garage to companies that want to pay the same rates.
Actually quite a few of the rental car facilities were off airport grounds where you take shuttles to the rental car lots. As a result you had to use shuttle buses from the terminal to the rental lot.

Inside the garage only 2 floors were used for rental cars parking.

The rental car unit now houses just about all the rental car companies in one location.

thus they do not have office space in the terminal near baggage claim which opens up airport real estate for other businesses to utilize.

The consolidation of the rental cars into one garage also opens up surrounding airport real estate on and around international blvd for further development.

It also lessens the traffic for shuttles by removing the rental car shuttles and leaving just parking lots and hotel shuttles along with the buses for the rental garage.

I dont know what the status is of opening the llots previous used by rental car companies to general parking.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question Good question

Originally Posted by mbstone
I never could understand why citizens and rent-a-car companies never pushed back against [centralized] rent-a-car terminals. Now people will be paying untold taxes and fees, forever. Can you tell me how much the average bill is going up.
Great question? I rented from AVIS at SEA-TAC and regretted it! Here is their response on taxes assessed for rentals from this location:

The Airport has two surcharges.
$6.00 Customer Facility fee.
11.11% Airport concession fee.

In PHX, I avoided all of these charges by taking light rail to Phoenix Motor Car (Mercedes/Hertz outlet). Can these be done in SEA?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:11 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The Hertz HLE at the Marriott avoids these and often has decent rates if you can pick during the hours they're open.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Great question? I rented from AVIS at SEA-TAC and regretted it! Here is their response on taxes assessed for rentals from this location:

The Airport has two surcharges.
$6.00 Customer Facility fee.
11.11% Airport concession fee.

In PHX, I avoided all of these charges by taking light rail to Phoenix Motor Car (Mercedes/Hertz outlet). Can these be done in SEA?
Seattle as airport light rail that would take you downtown so you could rent from off airport.

The added fees are done by many airports. SLC and DEN have extra fees. Many airports set up separate airport tax zones that affect near by hotels and restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.