Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 21, 11, 3:59 am   #1

Overnighter in BOI airport

Hi,

Has anyone tried an overnighter at the Boise airport? I know they're open 24/7, but would like some first hand account on the feasibility of sleeping overnight at the airport...

I'll be traveling with a big snowboard bag so I'd much rather pad+sleeping bag it at the airport then lug it to a hotel and back...
randomtask123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 11, 11:41 am   #2

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Can't help you, but if you do try it out be sure to post your experience here, as no one has reviewed BOI yet:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/index.htm
Old Nov 21, 11, 2:02 pm   #3

Programs: DL PM
The Boise airport is small, and you'll have to leave the concourse areas to claim your snowboard bag.

There are very few, if any, suitable places to "camp" outside of TSA secured areas. Most of this area is open and brightly lit with tile flooring. The possible exception might be the greeting area for arriving passengers just outside of security.

There are several budget hotels within short walking distance of the airport. Most offer free 24/7 shuttle. Google Maps will give you a good idea of what's available.
WWGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 11, 11:04 am   #4

Programs: Virtuoso
I agree with WWGuy. You could do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. The terminal is tiny. If you do decide to do it, I think the best place to try to sleep would be just outside of security where most people wait for those arriving. The chairs all have arm rests, but it is the darkest area in the terminal that I can think of off the top of my head.
Travel K is offline   Reply With Quote