Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Cheap lodgings in Seattle - What do you mean by "Hostel"?

Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

So I need a place to stay in SeaTac for one night.

I am on booking.com and have found a Hostel for $30/night. Is this room just for me or will there be some other people in it too?

In the photos I can see some bunk beds.

Also, what is the best website to find cheap hotels in SeaTac?

Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
a call would confirm what you get, but a hostel in my mind is a bunkhouse, w/cheap rates for youth & senior budget travelers....
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Hostels can range from a room with 2 or 3 beds to a room with 20 beds. You may not be guaranteed to have the room be exclusive to your reservation, so they often have lockers or drawers that you can "rent" locks for to keep your valuables in.

I stayed in about 30 hostels during my two month backpacking trip in Europe last year. Some are much nicer than others... and sometimes spending the extra 15 euros per night would get my buds and I a private room instead of a 20 bed dormitory room!

Hostelworld.com is the best site for hostels and has a lot of information and REVIEWS which are key!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:45 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the Seattle area is most often discussed in the Travel->West forum, I'll move this there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.