Wiki Posts
Search

Spokane Hotel Suggestions (Near Conv. Ctr) MAY

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Spokane Hotel Suggestions (Near Conv. Ctr) MAY

I'm going to need 2 rooms in mid- May in Spokane I guess near the convention center.

The Hilton (attached?) to the ctr. is apparently booked and I'm looking for somewhere decent close.

SWA points compatibility is my first choice, but not if the place(s) are lousy.

Thanks in advance-

-Wingrider
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
The Davenport^ is always a great choice in Spokane. It's a few blocks from the CC but in May it should be a pleasant walk.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
The Doubletree is right next door, not the Hilton. The Oxford Suites and the Red Lion Hotel at the Park (not the Red Lion River Inn) are directly across the river from the convention center and there is a foot bridge you can use to cross back and forth. It's a 5 minute walk at most, and very pleasant. The Holiday Inn Express and the Red Lion River Inn are also a short walk across the river, although over a busy bridge with lots of traffic. I like the Oxford Suites the best of the four listed here.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
The Davenport^ is always a great choice in Spokane. It's a few blocks from the CC but in May it should be a pleasant walk.
Ok, thanks for the suggestion I'll put them on the short list.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
The Doubletree is right next door, not the Hilton. The Oxford Suites and the Red Lion Hotel at the Park (not the Red Lion River Inn) are directly across the river from the convention center and there is a foot bridge you can use to cross back and forth. It's a 5 minute walk at most, and very pleasant. The Holiday Inn Express and the Red Lion River Inn are also a short walk across the river, although over a busy bridge with lots of traffic. I like the Oxford Suites the best of the four listed here.
Good recon info. I'll check these out thank you.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:27 pm

The Hotel Lusso is a small boutique hotel located near the Davenport.

Be wary of the Red Lion at the Park--one of the worst rooms I ever stayed in.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike belman
The Hotel Lusso is a small boutique hotel located near the Davenport.

noted, thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
There's also a Marriott Courtyard and Fairfield Inn within a block or two. The Courtyard is a bit dated but they do have riverfront rooms. The Fairfield is considerably newer and is my current choice in the area.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by mike belman

The Red Lion River Inn is worse, could you be thinking about that? (They're about a block apart.)
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Boardroom, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
+1 on the Doubletree, Davenport is somewhat walkable, but the DT has decent rooms and a pretty good steak house in the property.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 5:37 pm

I spend (happily) about eight weeks a year at the Doubletree. It's not elegant - in fact, its a bit dated. But the service is solid and everything works. Obviously, for you, it also has location going for it.
Old May 26, 2011, 5:00 pm

Spokane Hotels

Just stayed at the Davenport. For a few dollars more it is well worth the stay, if for only one night. A very beautiful hotel. I was surprised that the soap was from a pump as was the shampoo in the shower area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.