Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 12, 11, 9:20 pm   #1

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Hotel at SLC

Can anyone help recommend a hotel next to SLC? I don't need anything too fancy just a clean bed after a week of skiing before my 7am flight the next day. Key is that its walking distance or very quick shuttle to the airport.

I am Hyatt Platinum and see there is a Hyatt Place but didn't know if it was decent or not.

Thanks in advance for the help.
sjd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 11, 12:13 am   #2

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honnors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
No hotels on a/port property so no walking distance ones . Basically group of hotels East and West of a/port. The Hyatt Place u mentioned I have stayed at for exactly the same reason. Nothing spectacular but not disappointing either. It's like all other HP's. I had a room on the east side of the bldg and if you are a light sleeper then u might want to request one on west/south side as I could hear the planes landing up till 11:30 or so. I had a rental car, but they provide shuttle.

Last edited by rustyr; Jan 13, 11 at 12:15 am. Reason: addtn'l info
rustyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 11, 8:37 am   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.6 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
As with all airport hotels, you might want to call to verify that the hotel shuttle starts running early enough to get you to the airport in time for your flight. They usually do (especially if they house airline crews), but not always.
Old Jan 13, 11, 12:18 pm   #4

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Hyatt Place at SLC is very new (w/i one yr.) and very nice, as most Hyatt Place's are. Not w/i walking distance, but I'm pretty sure no SLC airport hotels are. They do offer a hotel shuttle, but you may need to check times of operation.
Old Jan 14, 11, 6:00 am   #5

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honnors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I will add there was no restrn't nearby, i.e. that you could walk to. I think a convienance store was about 1/4 mile away but of couse you could get selection of food/drinks at the hotel.
rustyr is offline   Reply With Quote