Wiki Posts
Search

DC metro passes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
DC metro passes

The one-day Metrorail pass is valid after 9:30 AM on weekdays. Is that the time entering the system or the time leaving the system? In other words, if the train leaves at 9:25 and arrives at the destination at 9:35, will the pass cover the trip?

TIA!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 8:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this thread over to the D.C. Forum. Please follow there.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 18, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
On the Metro you scan going in and out of the turnstiles with your pass/ticket. If the ticket is not valid at that time, it will just spit it back out. So my guess is that it should be at least 9:30 before you can scan your pass entering through the turnstile.

Of course there is always a chance that the ticket is really good at 9:30ish, so the 9:25 may still work.

Originally Posted by amejr999
The one-day Metrorail pass is valid after 9:30 AM on weekdays. Is that the time entering the system or the time leaving the system? In other words, if the train leaves at 9:25 and arrives at the destination at 9:35, will the pass cover the trip?

TIA!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
All passes and farecards are based on time of entry; the day pass won't be accepted before 9:30. By the same token, if you enter the system with a regular farecard at 2:59pm and exit at 4:00pm, you'll be charged the off-peak fare even though you're exiting at rush hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.