Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Baltimore Inner Harbor area - on street parking?

Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Does the area around the Hyatt Place Baltimore allow on street parking overnight? We're planning a 3 night trip to Baltimore, and the Hyatt Place has a great rate and location, but the thought of paying $42 ++ per night for valet parking offends me. That's more than their DC location charged me last trip there, and almost 50% of the room rate.

We'll be out and about with the car during the day, so daytime parking isn't an issue. I'm just wondering if I can park on the street overnight in that area. Also, car is not exactly thief bait - 2004 VW - so that isn't a major concern.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when i have had the opportunity to visit beautiful, scenic downtown baltimore, i have parked in this big garage.

http://www.harborparkgarage.com/park...ies/tongue.gif
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:53 am

Not really. My memory (we travel to Baltimore a couple of times a year) is any on street parking will be daytime short term or blocks away. There is a lot on the other side of the aquarium with meters but I don't know that one can park there overnight.

Do you need your car during your stay? I ask because sometimes we park at one of the Light Rail stops with free overnight parking and take that into the city when we stay overnight.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Update: there is free overnight on street parking in the Inner Harbor area, as long as you scamper out and pay the meter before the posted staring time. Also there were several entirely free days over the holiday period.

I don't mind paying hotels a reasonable rate for parking, but the mandatory valet (have you seen how some of those guys drive?!) and the price being twice local garages just irritates me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.