Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Where to leave my luggage in Washington, DC?

Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'm going to arrive really early in the morning at Union Station. I need to store my luggage until late in the evening. Does anyone here know if I can store my luggage there and if so, how much will it cost? If not Union Station, where else can I store my luggage?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm going to arrive really early in the morning at Union Station. I need to store my luggage until late in the evening. Does anyone here know if I can store my luggage there and if so, how much will it cost? If not Union Station, where else can I store my luggage?
Your hotel if your staying in one
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
My experience in other cities is at nearby hotels. Be prepared to answer the question whether you have a reservation there. Tip well.

Has worked in most cities. Except for Boston.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

union station had a luggage storage room. i do not know if it is now gone or not. google search and call the number listed.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
According to the Union Station website:

Baggage storage is available near Gate A on the Amtrak concourse. For more information, please call (202) 898-1592.

My guess is that it would be under $5 since I pay $4.50 at Amtrak's baggage storage at Penn Station in NY.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AGR WOH
I wrote this up a few weeks ago:
http://westnorth.com/2012/07/25/leav...in-washington/
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:29 pm

I've used hotels many a time. What bell hop is going to check with the front desk to see if you've just checked out? Especially if you're dressed well? Your bigger challenge is what hotel to use near Union Station (or near your first meeting?)

Another tip: If you're dressed the part, the better the hotel, the less likely they are to question you....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.