Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Cheap hotel in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'll be arriving in Philly on Tuesday and then eventually get to Pittsburgh. Does anyone here know of a decent hotel that is near public transportation for about $50-60/night? It doesn't have to be centrally located. I just need to be able to take the bus or the train to the center of the city.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
$50 / night and "decent" might be mutually exclusive. I looked at Kayak and there were some cheaper options. Not ones that I would gravitate toward, but may be okay for one night.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitburgr
$50 / night and "decent" might be mutually exclusive. I looked at Kayak and there were some cheaper options. Not ones that I would gravitate toward, but may be okay for one night.
Easily active by public transportation though?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
If you are looking for something that cheap, your best bet is to try bidding on Priceline. I doubt you'd find any hotels worth staying in (unless you like crack heads and hustlers as neighbors) at that advertised price.

If you specify Center City (our name for downtown Philly) when you bid, then any hotel you get will be convenient to public transit.

Otherwise, this B&B has a good reputation and is in a good location:
http://www.alexanderinn.com/
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any suggestions for Pittsburgh? I'm hoping to get a heap place between 10th Street and Penn Avenue.

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 3, 2012 at 12:21 am
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:33 am

Check out lastminutetravel.com. They usually have really good deals for under $100 for center city. There is a 3.5* on there that is the Radisson Warwick for around $82.00 a nite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.