Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic > Washington D.C. (including Baltimore)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 16, 12, 3:14 am   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 654
What to do in Baltimore and Washington, DC?

If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
lsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 12, 5:21 am   #2
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DCA or IAD (originally DUB)
Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, Hertz Platinum, Marriott/SPG Gold
Posts: 5,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
Can I suggest you try doing a search. Google, among others come to mind. There are multiple museums and sights to see in DC and Baltimore. After you've done some research, come back with questions so that folks can guide you to best suit your interests and budget.
UAPremExecflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 12, 5:36 am   #3
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: south of WAS DC
Posts: 9,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
not much else to do in most cities i have been in. you could play slot machines, you could make arrangements to talk to your representative/senator or his staff if you are so inclined.
__________________
regards
jer
slawecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 12, 3:14 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
If you had 2-3 days in Washington, DC and 1-2 days in Baltimore, what would you do? My intentions are to sightsee (museums and historical sites) and eat.

Thanks!
For Washington DC, I would suggested visiting the Museums and Memorials at the National Mall: http://dcjourney.com/outdoors/nat-mall. If you have more time, you can stop by the National Zoo.
For Baltimore, I would recommend the National Aquarium at Baltimore.
EddieSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 12, 6:47 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: UA Premier Exec
Posts: 1,012
U.S. Capitol and White House are here
AlanInDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 12, 4:51 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 171
what do you like? Art museums? The Walters in Baltimore, the National Gallery and the Reynolds Center/national portrait gallery in DC are all superb and free.

Beer? Max's in Fells Point in Baltimore has 100 brews on tap; Churchkey in DC has 50.

Baseball? Camden yards in Baltimore is great.

Historic sites? Try Arlington Cemetery, Georgetown (yes, they're there if you get off M street), Capitol Hill, all in DC. Baltimore? Don't know where to begin. It is loaded.

If you have a car, civil war battlefields are all over.

Where to stay? depends on your pocketbook, how you come and what you want to see.
klevin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 12, 7:51 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore
Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, United, Starwood, AA
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevin99 View Post
what do you like? Art museums? The Walters in Baltimore, the National Gallery and the Reynolds Center/national portrait gallery in DC are all superb and free.

Beer? Max's in Fells Point in Baltimore has 100 brews on tap; Churchkey in DC has 50.

Baseball? Camden yards in Baltimore is great.

Historic sites? Try Arlington Cemetery, Georgetown (yes, they're there if you get off M street), Capitol Hill, all in DC. Baltimore? Don't know where to begin. It is loaded.

If you have a car, civil war battlefields are all over.

Where to stay? depends on your pocketbook, how you come and what you want to see.
The Baltimore Museum of Art is another free museum in Baltimore. Max's is in Fells Point,a historic bar district nad it gots about 140 taps, the largest number of taps on the east coast.

Baltimore has edgar allen poe's house and grave, Fort Mchenry, to start...
Sunburn644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 12, 3:43 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 171
Max's only has 100 taps, sadly. Was just there last Saturday. Still the most in the mid-atlantic and an excellent selection. Fell's Point has some good restaurants too, although my favorite in Baltimore, Brewer's Art, is located elsewhere.
klevin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 12, 3:50 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IAD
Programs: United MP
Posts: 5,660
Some things you might want to see require advance ticketing. Plan before you get here.
DeafFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 12, 8:01 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Annapolis
Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
Posts: 79
I think you should spend some time in Annapolis. We are between Baltimore and D.C. Lots of intact pre-Revolutionary War architecture. Great restaurants, nice views -- you get the picture.
cynicalbuthopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 12, 3:38 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LON or WAS, wishing it were DBV
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevin99 View Post
Max's only has 100 taps, sadly. Was just there last Saturday. Still the most in the mid-atlantic and an excellent selection. Fell's Point has some good restaurants too, although my favorite in Baltimore, Brewer's Art, is located elsewhere.
+1 for Brewer's Art.

If we're staying on the Baltimore theme, Birds of a Feather for whisky.

LP Steamers for crab.
DaMadCroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 12, 3:40 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between SOU & LHR
Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, M&M FF, Hertz Gold
Posts: 390
If you start visiting the Smithsonians even 14 days wouldn't be enough
Mart81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 12, 8:00 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 286
If you go to the National Portrait Gallery, have lunch at Jaleo. I recommend the calamari and a glass of cava.
sushanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 12, 12:48 am   #14
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LON or WAS, wishing it were DBV
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanna1 View Post
If you go to the National Portrait Gallery, have lunch at Jaleo. I recommend the calamari and a glass of cava.
If in that area I prefer Proof, Zaytinia, or Graffiato. If you want Spanish inspired food I prefer Estadio to Jaleo, though Estadio is not too convenient for the Portrait Gallery (one of my favorite museums, BTW).
DaMadCroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 12, 10:14 am   #15
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFOSJCOAK
Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC, UA, MR-LifePlat, SPG Plat, HH
Posts: 4,368
When in Baltimore, don't miss Fort McHenry. You said you want history
allset2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:21 am.