Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Restaurant for soft shelled crabs in Baltimore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

I'll be in Baltimore next month and would like to get soft shelled crabs. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant within walking distance to the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront. Any thoughts on Oceanaire?

Bobette
Old May 13, 2011, 7:50 am

Smile Soft Shell Crabs

I try to get to Oceanaire whenever I'm in Baltimore or DC. Love the soft shell crabs and just about everything about that place. Have been to McCormick & Schmick's across the harbor but was not impressed.

Hope this helps.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i found this amazing site(really):

http://www.marylandseafood.org/whole..._retailers.php

someone familiar with baltimore can do a word search on baltimore and find places close to inner harbor.

although my factory was in the southwestern fringe of balt for 20 years, i avoided the place.
Old May 13, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I was in a Baltimore a couple weeks ago and a colleague ended up at Mo's Seafood. He loved it. The other patrons were a bit sketchy...but the food was good..
Old May 13, 2011, 1:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I really can't recommend too many restaurants close to your hotel. Charleston did a lively soft shell crab dish once but I am not sure it's currently on the menu. Plus it's kind of pricey and fancy. My favorite is Woodberry Kitchen, when it's on the menu. They only source from the best and use a delicate hand for frying.

FDW
Old May 31, 2011, 6:10 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

I was at Cinghiale last week.. they had a quite nice soft shell crab dish...

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.