Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

DCA to R-C 22nd st.

DCA to R-C 22nd st.

Old May 5, 2011, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

DCA to R-C 22nd st.

What is the best way to go DCA to R-C 22nd st. for two persons with carry-on luggage? What would be the approximate cab cost? We are super seniors who have never been to DC.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Guessing that you mean the Ritz-Carlton, a cab from DCA would probably cost $20-$25.

Last edited by EricH; May 6, 2011 at 10:21 am
Old May 6, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
You can use Metro-- Blue Line from Airport to Foggy Bottom $1.85 each. From Foggy Bottom Metro to the Ritz is less than 15 minute walk (approx 2.5 blocks)
Old May 6, 2011, 12:04 pm

It's not a long walk, but there are lots of streets to cross because of the way DC is laid out. I found it a PITA when I did it with a rollerbag, but that was a blustery day in November.

Personally, I'd say you may as well take a cab if you are staying at the Ritz. Especially if it is the slightest bit hot, cold, rainy, windy, you are travelling during rush hour, etc. If you feel like a walk on a nice day, then go for it.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I agree for first timers to DC, etc to just cab it over to the RC, then do your walking sans bags from there.

I assume the "super" was that you are fine for walking, etc and that was the purpose of the comment.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you mean the Ritz at 22nd between L & M, easiest is to take a cab. Typical fare is $13-15 + tip & presuming you aren't in traffic, it's a 10-min. ride. For $15 more you can book a Red Top Sedan and skip the cab line (which is typically short).
Old May 31, 2011, 8:08 pm

I concur. Take a cab. No more than $15 and a nice quick ride. Do you need suggestions for what to do in DC/where to eat, etc?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.