Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Airline Lounges at BWI ?

Airline Lounges at BWI ?

Old Apr 30, 2011, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Airline Lounges at BWI ?

Hi all... Happy Spring
I am curious to see if there are ANY airline lounges at BWI airport..Went to their website and could not find any. Suggestions ? I assume there are international ones for BA but any for domestic ?

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I'm not aware of any. There are plans to open one in May, not sure how that is coming along:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...rline-food-bwi
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: United Silver
If I recall correctly, there is one in the International terminal called the Chesapeake Club. I think it's for BA, but I'm not sure.

The one opening next month in Terminal D sounds interesting.
Old May 1, 2011, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by WebDesignGuy
If I recall correctly, there is one in the International terminal called the Chesapeake Club. I think it's for BA, but I'm not sure.

The one opening next month in Terminal D sounds interesting.
The Chesapeake Club only serves British Airways, no other airline (not that there are many on the International Pier) uses the club. Gold or silver card holders and business class passengers can enter.

Air Space Lounge will be opening this Friday on the D pier, it is not airline specific so it open to everyone willing to pay for a day pass.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Baltimore Betty
The Chesapeake Club only serves British Airways, no other airline (not that there are many on the International Pier) uses the club. Gold or silver card holders and business class passengers can enter.

Air Space Lounge will be opening this Friday on the D pier, it is not airline specific so it open to everyone willing to pay for a day pass.
Not true.

My wife and I were given a lounge pass and entry into this lounge as *A Gold (UA 1Ks) when flying AC from BWI-YYZ in October 2009. It's the only time I've ever used the lounge, but the lounge itself was fairly interesting and at least had free alcohol - Guinness Extra Stout (odd that it wasn't draught) nonetheless.

Granted, this won't help 99% of travelers, but we didn't even have to enquire about it at checkin, the agent saw that we were *A Gold and were given a lounge pass.

If I remember correctly, once through security in the International gates, you had to walk around like a 'U' shape almost toward Exiting security, and there was a door tucked around a corner with access to the lounge.

-jeremy
Old May 2, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA-1P, DL-G, Marriott-PLAT
There used to be a Presidents Club but it closed a couple years ago.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Not true.

My wife and I were given a lounge pass and entry into this lounge as *A Gold (UA 1Ks) when flying AC from BWI-YYZ in October 2009. It's the only time I've ever used the lounge, but the lounge itself was fairly interesting and at least had free alcohol - Guinness Extra Stout (odd that it wasn't draught) nonetheless.

Granted, this won't help 99% of travelers, but we didn't even have to enquire about it at checkin, the agent saw that we were *A Gold and were given a lounge pass.

If I remember correctly, once through security in the International gates, you had to walk around like a 'U' shape almost toward Exiting security, and there was a door tucked around a corner with access to the lounge.

-jeremy

Sadly, Air Canada stopped using the lounge over a year ago.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Baltimore Betty
Sadly, Air Canada stopped using the lounge over a year ago.
Wow - that's actually sad to hear! So, for AC fliers is there no option at all and no food cert or anything given? Thanks for the update!!!

Seems stupid, but obviously with their limited flights to Canada, it kind of makes sense...more reason for Washington fliers to chose DCA or even IAD!

-jeremy
Old May 7, 2011, 5:19 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Hi all... Happy Spring
I am curious to see if there are ANY airline lounges at BWI airport..Went to their website and could not find any. Suggestions ? I assume there are international ones for BA but any for domestic ?

Thanks
Yes, Airspace Lounge is now open on Concourse D (United/Continental, US Airways, Air Tran, and Cape Air).

$17.50 includes a meal, free internet, Peet's coffee, etc.

See our press release regarding our relationship with American Express customers here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42929775

Last edited by AirspaceOnFT; May 7, 2011 at 10:24 am
Old May 7, 2011, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is there airside access from any other concourse?
Old May 7, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by slawecki
is there airside access from any other concourse?
There are no inter-concourse connectors post-security at BWI so if you tried to get into D you'd effectively have to go through TSA two times. Yet to be announced gate shuffles coming out of the WN/FL merger may make us accessible to even more legacy airlines in the near future.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:13 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was just in the Airspace Lounge today and no free food was included with the Amex Plat free entry. The only free food was some pretzel/stuff mix. Soft drinks and Peets coffee are also free. However, a cardholder can take in up to two free guests.

Maybe if you pay the $17.50 you get the free food, but I asked about whether I got something and they said no.

If the owner/operator above is right and the website is right when they both say you get a free breakfast item or sandwich, then someone needs to tell it to the staff!

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 12, 2011 at 1:19 am
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I advise Airspace to join the Priority Pass network.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Was just in the Airspace Lounge today and no free food was included with the Amex Plat free entry
Hi Richard,

Yes, you do receive a complimentary selection from our menu or, if you're not hungry, a comped alcoholic beverage from our premium rail. I am told by the Airspace team this will be investigated and rectified immediately. We value and appreciate your feedback.

Yesterday evening, the choice was:
  • Sonoma chicken salad sandwich,
  • Pepper mayo turkey sandwich,
  • the Airspace cobb salad,
  • Chicken caesar salad, or
  • a selection of wraps
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, then, put it on a sign somewhere rather than in 3 point print on your menus, maybe next time I'll have something to point to other than just mentioning that I saw it on a website (this one) -- because that certainly didn't work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.