Search

Hotel in White Plains, New York

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer; Hyatt Gold Passport; JAL mileage
Hotel in White Plains, New York

Hey,

Any discount for hotels in White Plains.
PLanning to stay at AKA white plains, any reviews.

TRavel date: 2 Sept ~ 9 Sept 2010

Cheers
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by shaunlim
Hey,

Any discount for hotels in White Plains.
PLanning to stay at AKA white plains, any reviews.

TRavel date: 2 Sept ~ 9 Sept 2010

Cheers
I stayed at the Residence Inn several years ago and wasn't very pleased. You're probably better off at AKA or Hyatt Summerfield Suites near the art museum. Summerfield offers a nice breakfast and evening light meal Monday-Thursday. It's also fairly close to HPN.

What type of "discount" property are you looking for? I presume because you are staying 7 nights and mentioned AKA, you are probably looking for a suite-style extended stay property. There is also a Hampton Inn nearby in Elsmford. Another idea maybe to do a Priceline or Hotwire booking. You can check betterbidding.com to see bid history and property names.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
HPN option

We just stayed (last month) at the Renaissance HPN and were very happy. We were treated to an unexpected upgrade, as only a silver tier member, they treated us as if we were gold - very smart on their part, here I am advertising for them. Usually I don't have such luck with Marriott.
You might want to call this hotel directly to see if they can beat the online rate. They seemed more customer friendly then most.
If you do go to this hotel and do not have GPS, you must get better directions than are posted, the hotel is hidden!
happy travels.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I just completed two different stays at the Hampton Inn in Elmsford last week. It is a very nice Hampton Inn, although it doesn't look very appealing from the outside. The inside has been completely redone. The breakfast area and lobby are upscale for a Hampton Inn. Rooms are done very nicely, and the rates were great for that area.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Without knowing your plans, it's tough to recommend a hotel in White Plains. The Crowne Plaza and the Residence Inn are probably the most common suggestions, as they are "downtown" and close to shopping, dining and Metro North. Given that you'll be in town a week, I'm guessing you're heading into NYC, so train access should be a consideration. Summerfield Suites and the Renaissance aren't as convenient, but may offer shuttle service to the WP train station. If they don't, and you're planning to rent a car to park at the station, I'd reconsider, as the parking restrictions there make getting a space on-site challenging. There aren't many spaces that allow parking without a permit between 6 am and 10 am, so you could find yourself at the Galleria (not great) and walking over to the station (5-10 minutes, depending on how fast you walk).

I wouldn't really recommend Elmsford either, as it's not the greatest of neighborhoods. One of the Tarrytown hotels might be a better choice if you don't want to stay in the heart of WP. I won't discuss the Ritz given that you are looking for discounts, but the location of that hotel is very good.

In short, I'd consider the Crowne Plaza or the Residence Inn first, given their proximity to the train. If that's not an issue for you, then consider the Summerfield Suites, the Renaissance, the Rye Town Hilton, the Marriott Courtyard in Rye, or one of the properties in Tarrytown.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer; Hyatt Gold Passport; JAL mileage
Hi, thanks for th suggestions. I have booked AKA White Plains,
which is near to station and shopping.

Thanks and Have a good weekend,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.