Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Well done Virgin Australia - Skytrax award winners

Well done Virgin Australia - Skytrax award winners

Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Smile Well done Virgin Australia - Skytrax award winners

Virgin Australia
Best Airline in Australia/Pacific
Best Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific

Well done and well deserved.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
I agree, excellent service both y and j
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
award

It's somewhat remarkable considering the financial woes and ownership structure that VA has been dealing with.

That being said, having moved here back in 2016 after years of living in the states and being a United Mileage Plus mini-elite (silver / gold), I've developed a quick but strong sense of loyalty to VA and have been very pleased with my experience.

Specifically:

The staff is really quite friendly. Checking in and on-board, they've consistently accommodated small requests and made me feel generally welcome. Lots of little, good experiences.

I've had lounge access originally through my Amex Platinum, and now through Gold Status. I've been very pleased with lounge access: clean, modern, well-lit, coffee bar, decent food options, lots of room, good lighting, and direct security access in Melbourne.

Through flybuys, I was invited to participate in a status accelerator, through which I had a chance at Gold status. Went on a mileage run, was a few credits short, and the staff reviewed my flybuys purchases such that my SC credits were posted.

The online app and website could both be improved but are functional.

Finally, velocity is excellent - I redeem miles to Melbourne quarterly, and the transfer bonuses from amex and other sources have helped.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by captain_starwood
The staff is really quite friendly. Checking in and on-board, they've consistently accommodated small requests and made me feel generally welcome. Lots of little, good experiences.
I have to agree with this. Coming into my third year as Platinum Velocity member, I've found staff to be surprisingly relaxed and genuinely nice.

There was a near catastrophic collapse in morale some 18 months ago which had me very worried (it was very pronounced - clearly something had precipitated it), but it has come back.

Their long haul crew and lounge staff are particularly good.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
Interesting, Marty. I think the airline has been on a long road to recovery financially. From what I can tell, something has been done to keep the staff morale up while this turnaround happens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.