Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Bonus Points - do they ever credit without chasing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)

I joined Velocity in November 2016, using a BP temporary card. The deal was 500 bonus points when registering, which would be credited within 5 weeks. After 6 weeks, still no bonus points, so I chased up and the points were credited within a couple of days.

Recently, I signed up to e-Rewards, with an 850 point bonus for completing the first survey. I completed survey and transferred the points, which would be credited within 4-6 weeks. After 7 weeks, still no points, so I chased up via e-Rewards. They've spoken to Velocity who have asked for screenshots of my e-Rewards and Velocity accounts, which presumably the respective companies can see, to prove the points aren't already in one of my accounts.

In March I was sent a targeted offer for 500 bonus points for filling up twice at BP. These are to be credited within 5 weeks of the end of the promotion, which should be this coming Friday...

Does anybody else have this much trouble with bonus points never crediting?
Old May 1, 2017, 7:31 am

While this is not an answer to your question about bonus points. It's more of a rant.

I lost count and hope with VA getting points through their partners in crime.

I signed up with Virgin mobile under a promotion - received an email about it. 10k after 30 days from activation. Did not happen.

After 2 months of waiting I pinged Virgin Mobile, they said there were no promotion and to send them a copy of the email I had received. I lost that email - don't know how. They did not budge. No points zilch awarded.

Then came BP. Why do they even bother with those temporary cards is beyond me. I filled up once. Got the points. The second time the card was rejected. He tried manual entry, did not work. I sent a claim to VA to be told a flat no for petrol claims and that I must scan the card at the time of purchase.

Got a promo from BP after a while like yours. The card was scanned but the attendant pressed the wrong button (happens to me a lot). He asked me to swipe again. I did. He then asked to swipe my credit card. Yes done. The receipt came out with the generic ' join VA today and start earning points from your next fill'. Guess what VA said? No.

In the end I decided it was not worth the stress these points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.