Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

How long for SC's to arrive from Etihad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA- Platinum

Heading to Europe on Etihad, the outbound leg will take me to VA Platinum, question is, will the credits arrive within 10 days?

Reason being I'd like to visit the Etihad First lounge on the way back.

Cheers!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
I just got back from a Europe trip on Etihad. Typically SCs posted within 2-3 days.

.... and the 1st lounge is worth it!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
2-3 days is my experience also, on an EY flight number.

On a EY flight with a VA flight number it was 2 months and I had to do a missing points claim.

Cheers

FF
Old May 4, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I have a soft spot for EYs F lounge.

I've only ever bought directly from EY and points have been quick to post (definitely within 10 days). I was totally expecting missing points and claims.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
2-3 days is my experience also, on an EY flight number.

On a EY flight with a VA flight number it was 2 months and I had to do a missing points claim.

Cheers

FF
That's been my experience that it takes longer for the points/SCs to come through when the flight is ticketed as a codeshare flight. I usually wait the prescribed number of days until I'm eligible to lodge a missing points claim and then go for it.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I am flying paid EY Biz net week both ways to Europe.

As a Virgin Plat can one use the the EY First lounge? Can one have a guest?

Glen
Old May 9, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I am flying paid EY Biz net week both ways to Europe.

As a Virgin Plat can one use the the EY First lounge? Can one have a guest?

Glen

Yes. 1 guest.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Sigh, I'm still waiting for points/SCs to credit from an EY flight 2.5 weeks ago. It was booked directly with EY, and VA number added at time of booking (status showed correctly on BP), but nothing. Not sure how long to wait before manual follow up.

EY Y shorthaul was a thoroughly underwhelming experience, I must say. But EY F Apartments (award flight) MEL-AUH was pretty spectacular ^^
Old May 9, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I just checked my previous EY flights and it's between 2-5 days for them to post. I had bought from EY and also signed up with an EY FF # as I thought it would make it easier to track flights but then switched to VA FF # at airport. Sometimes it was EY # on the BP and sometimes VA but it always credited to VA. I was actually anticipating issues but very happy they never occurred!
Old May 10, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Sigh, I'm still waiting for points/SCs to credit from an EY flight 2.5 weeks ago. It was booked directly with EY, and VA number added at time of booking (status showed correctly on BP), but nothing. Not sure how long to wait before manual follow up.

EY Y shorthaul was a thoroughly underwhelming experience, I must say. But EY F Apartments (award flight) MEL-AUH was pretty spectacular ^^
Very surprising for EY. I flew EY FCO-AUH (with EY Flight number) and it had posted before I left AUH. My issues were with the VA flight numbers on EY metal. Put in a missing points claim and they might hurry it up a bit.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jmr007
Yes. 1 guest.
Cool -- I am guessing in their home base hub it is a pretty nice lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.