Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Bank Credits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Travel Bank Credits

I had to cancel a few tickets on a domestic flight with VA. Those tickets were refunded into my Travel Bank and the credits will expire in 12 months. I live in the U.S. and don't expect to travel to Australia or NZ in the next year or two. What are my options with those credits?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
were any parts of the bookings you had "refundable"? If so, you may be able to recover those less a fee.

Other than that, it generally use em or lose em.

Can Travel Insurance assist?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
were any parts of the bookings you had "refundable"? If so, you may be able to recover those less a fee.

Other than that, it generally use em or lose em.

Can Travel Insurance assist?
Thanks for the reply.

Only extra legroom charges were refundable to my CC, the ticket fares were credits only. I'll give travel insurance a try but doubtful that they will cover since technically the credits are not a "loss", yet. Seems like the only other option is to transfer the credits to other ppl who can use them.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:51 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
From the Travel Bank FAQ page:

How do I use my Travel Bank Account to pay for flights?

Answer

When you log in to your Travel Bank account you can view all your credits. You will be able to pay or partially pay for flights using your Travel Bank credit on the Virgin Australia website, or by calling our Guest Contact Centre. You may also use a combination of Travel Bank and credit card to pay for flights.

If you’re combining Travel Bank credits with another form of payment, you must enter the Travel Bank component prior to choosing your second payment type. Travel Bank credits can be used towards any Virgin Australia booking with the exception of Virgin Australia Holidays Packages. Travel Bank credits can also be used to pay for fare differences and change fees. Travel Bank credits are valid for 12 months from date of issue. Once individual credits expire they cannot be extended. Travel Bank also applies credit for payment based on expiration dates, so you can make sure you are paying with the credits that are due to expire first.
I recently used my travel bank credit (tickets were in my name and wife's) at the 11 month 25 days mark for new tickets (also in our names) for travel in a further 4 months time.

So I would presume that you need to make a booking by the expiration date, but that tickets could be up to 355 days forward.

Can't see any reason why the credit can't be used for other pax (if you are willing to pay for them), but not sure whether you'll be able to do electronically (or you need to call up Guest Services).
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QF WP
From the Travel Bank FAQ page:

I recently used my travel bank credit (tickets were in my name and wife's) at the 11 month 25 days mark for new tickets (also in our names) for travel in a further 4 months time.

So I would presume that you need to make a booking by the expiration date, but that tickets could be up to 355 days forward.

Can't see any reason why the credit can't be used for other pax (if you are willing to pay for them), but not sure whether you'll be able to do electronically (or you need to call up Guest Services).
Yes, I can always donate that credits to friends or someone has the need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.