Wiki Posts
Search

VA SYD Lounge last weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
VA SYD Lounge last weekend

Had an recently un expected trip to VA SYD Lounge this past Saturday, hand not used it for an while. Anyone if was normal for half the lounge downstairs to be bollard off on a Saturday Morning.

After having used the NZ Lounge in AKL that same morning, was shock to see how low of an standard the VA SYD Lounge has dropped too. The place was an complete mess, and seriously toast and toasties as the only food at 9.30am?

Ended up leaving the lounge and heading to an cafe.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Had an recently un expected trip to VA SYD Lounge this past Saturday, hand not used it for an while. Anyone if was normal for half the lounge downstairs to be bollard off on a Saturday Morning.

After having used the NZ Lounge in AKL that same morning, was shock to see how low of an standard the VA SYD Lounge has dropped too. The place was an complete mess, and seriously toast and toasties as the only food at 9.30am?

I was there Sunday afternoon but frankly VA's policy of encouraging ankle-biters simply means the place is a zoo far too often. Parents think once they're through the doors the kids can roam free, and the Lounge staff is mostly food-related staff under contract, so they're not going to take any action except clean up afterwards (maybe)
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
The NZ lounges differ in that I think they have decent offerings throughout the day whereas it seems limited offerings at limited times for the Oz lounges e.g. main meals. So quite often all you see are soup salad and toasted sandwiches/sandwiches. No alcohol until I think 12 or something. You see a few people in the NZ lounges (presumably going on holiday) drinking their morning bubbles!

Anyway - it's still free food if you choose to partake!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
The wine and beer starts at 11:00a, although I've successfully requested a beer at 10:30 discreetly (don't judge, we were boarding at 10:50!). It would be fantastic if VA just had bubbly available for mimosas in the AM or something. Everyone else has hard liquor at all hours.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
The wine and beer starts at 11:00a, although I've successfully requested a beer at 10:30 discreetly (don't judge, we were boarding at 10:50!). It would be fantastic if VA just had bubbly available for mimosas in the AM or something. Everyone else has hard liquor at all hours.
Is it an legal reason in Aussie that the VA Domestic lounges doesn't serve beer/wine before 11am? From Memory isn't it 7.30am in the NZ Domestic Lounges, then 24/7 at Intl?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
They choose not to.

QF in the 90's did serve alcohol until 2 or 3pm in the domestic lounges.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Never seen it bollarded and mostly fly on Sat.

Turn right on entry and much quieter on those upright benches .. most do not know they are there!

Above average for most domestic lounges anywhere I always feel.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Is it an legal reason in Aussie that the VA Domestic lounges doesn't serve beer/wine before 11am? From Memory isn't it 7.30am in the NZ Domestic Lounges, then 24/7 at Intl?
No legal reason
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Never seen it bollarded and mostly fly on Sat.

Turn right on entry and much quieter on those upright benches .. most do not know they are there!

Above average for most domestic lounges anywhere I always feel.
That was the area that was closed off, along with the back area that it leads too
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: QF, DJ and a few others...
I was there a few days before this post, and I noticed they were doing some refurb works, so maybe that was it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.