Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia status via Coles Flybuys

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia status via Coles Flybuys

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by RTWFF
It says nothing of the sort. You are making an inference
Yep! Hence the implication ...
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The fine print.

Red highlight mine. Seems like they plan to offer double or treble etc in promos. @:-)

^ Velocity Frequent Flyer members must link their Velocity membership to their flybuys household to earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits.

In non-promotional periods the earn rate for Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be 1 Status Credit for every $100 spent (including GST) each calendar month in total across Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor.

No part Status Credits will be allocated, only whole Status Credits per $100 spend. The Velocity Frequent Flyer member linked to the flybuys program membership (as at the end of the calendar month) will be awarded the Status Credits.

The nominated linked member may earn up to a maximum of 10 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits per calendar month. Spend excludes tobacco and tobacco related products, charity donations and gift card purchases. Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited.

Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will not appear on your flybuys statement; see your Velocity account for your total Status Credit balance.

Velocity members also need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors in addition to Status Credits to upgrade or maintain a new level of membership.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by serfty
Yep! Hence the implication ...
An implication is something they make. An inference is something you make. It's an inference, not an implication
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ozstamps
The fine print.

Red highlight mine. Seems like they plan to offer double or treble etc in promos. @:-)
Funny you should say that. A double status credit offer lobbed into my FlyBuys account today....
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by perthite
Funny you should say that. A double status credit offer lobbed into my FlyBuys account today....
Same here - already activated the offer and it's ready to go
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite

My daughter (zero status) just got this. From Velocity not FlyBuys. The 20 each month perplexes me - wasn't it capped at 1 or 2 SC a month etc?

Are they saying if you spend $1,000 in a month you get 20 Status Credits?

Seemed to be no T&C on her email that gave more detail. Not sure if it applies only those those targeted?

Double Status Credits when you shop

For a limited time only, give your Status Credits balance an extra boost and shop your way closer to Silver membership with double Status Credits*.

Simply use your linked flybuys card when you shop at Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor and you’ll earn 2 Status Credits for every $100 spent until 31 December 2016 - up to 20 each month*. Link your flybuys and Velocity memberships to get started.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:08 am

My daughter (zero status) just got this. From Velocity not FlyBuys. The 20 each month perplexes me - wasn't it capped at 1 or 2 SC a month etc?

Are they saying if you spend $1,000 in a month you get 20 Status Credits?

Seemed to be no T&C on her email that gave more detail. Not sure if it applies only those those targeted?

Double Status Credits when you shop

For a limited time only, give your Status Credits balance an extra boost and shop your way closer to Silver membership with double Status Credits*.

Simply use your linked flybuys card when you shop at Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor and you’ll earn 2 Status Credits for every $100 spent until 31 December 2016 - up to 20 each month*. Link your flybuys and Velocity memberships to get started.
No, in non-promotional periods, it's capped at 10 SCs per month (i.e. 1 SC per $100 spend, so $1000 per month to achieve the maximum amount of SCs). With this promotion, you receive 2 SCs per $100 spend, up to a maximum of 20 SCs per month.

Ts & Cs from the bottom of the email I received (which was from Flybuys, not Velocity):

Terms and Conditions

+ DOUBLE STATUS CREDIT OFFER
Velocity Frequent Flyer members must link their Velocity membership to their flybuys household to earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits. For the promotional period 1 November 2016 to 31 December 2016 the earn rate for Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be 2 Status Credits for every $100 (including GST) spent in total across Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor each calendar month. No fractions of Status Credits will be allocated, only whole Status Credits. The Velocity Frequent Flyer member linked to the flybuys household (as at the end of the calendar month) will be awarded the Status Credits. During the promotional period, the nominated linked Velocity member may earn up to a maximum of 20 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits per calendar month. Spend excludes tobacco and tobacco related products, charity donations and gift card purchases. Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited. Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will not appear on your flybuys statement, see your Velocity account for your Status Credit balance. Velocity members also need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors in addition to Status Credits to upgrade or maintain a new level of membership.
Find out more about the Status Credit and Eligible Sector requirements for Velocity membership levels at http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/status. Standard flybuys terms and conditions apply and are available at flybuys.com.au.

#Velocity members also need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors in addition to Status Credits to upgrade or maintain a new level of membership. Find out more about the Status Credit and Eligible Sector requirements for Velocity membership levels at http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/status.

There doesn't seem to be anything stating that it's a targeted offer, however judging by threads on various forums, so far not everyone has received the email and/or had the offer appear in their Flybuys account
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With cheapest flights now only earning 5 SC each way, spending $1,000 and getting 20 SC, saves taking 4 flights.

My fertile mind is trying to work out WHAT I can buy from Coles for about $1000 that I can re-sell for about $1000.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:45 am

With cheapest flights now only earning 5 SC each way, spending $1,000 and getting 20 SC, saves taking 4 flights.

My fertile mind is trying to work out WHAT I can buy from Coles for about $1000 that I can re-sell for about $1000.
Good luck with that plan!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Simba66
Good luck with that plan!
Mum and dad grocery shops do it all the time, don't they? That's why Coles etc. have volume controls on the number of items of the same product you can buy in a single shop
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Mum and dad grocery shops do it all the time, don't they? That's why Coles etc. have volume controls on the number of items of the same product you can buy in a single shop
No, I meant the part of the plan where ozstamps was looking at something from Coles he/she could resell for $1,000. There's not that many high value items at Coles so you'd need to do a fair old shop or two to make up that amount LOL.

I guess they could always buy 1000 chocolate bars on special at $1 and sell them to a chocoholic who doesn't want to collect Flybuys points or Velocity SCs themselves

Disclosure: I'm a chocoholic ... but I want the points and SCs myself!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Simba66
No, I meant the part of the plan where ozstamps was looking at something from Coles he/she could resell for $1,000. There's not that many high value items at Coles so you'd need to do a fair old shop or two to make up that amount LOL.
Rubbish. Coles sells lots of those wholly ineffective large bottles of mutivitamins etc. for around $50 a piece. That's only 20 bottles and you're sweet. And let's face it, there's lots and lots of gullible people around who think products like that are good for them, so getting rid of 20 shouldn't be that difficult. Plus my local Coles sells whole barramundi at a reasonable whack, and I don't think they'd be hard to shift to the punters either. Whether he'd actually make a profit, rather than merely recoup his costs, is an open question. However, tell people it's a "special discount price" and you never know. As I say, most people are gullible. Watch The Checkout on the ABC for some tips
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
You don't need to limit yourself to Coles. Liquorland or First Choice Liquor are options as well......
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: VA Gold
Baby formula and sell to China. Might be able to turn a tidy $ profit as well as the all important SCs.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Just got an email reinforcing the double SCs for shopping, PLUS double SCs on all flights from Nov 2 to Dec 31.

SWEET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.