Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Purchasing with Travel Bank or a Gift Voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold

Just some experimental observations about buying flights on the VA website using Travel Bank or a Gift Voucher. Whether calling in can circumvent any of these restrictions, I don't know.

If you pay for part of the fare using Travel Bank or a Gift Voucher, then the only option to pay the balance is via debit or credit card.

Which in particular means that the card surcharge (0.6%/1.3% for debit/credit) on the balance is unavoidable.

And esoteric options like using both Travel Bank and a Gift Voucher for the same booking are not possible online. grr.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I did some experimentation before the Sept 1 regulatory changes and found for a domestic flight the CC fee would kick in once the CC part of the payment reached $7.70.

At what level is it kicking in now?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
I did some experimentation before the Sept 1 regulatory changes and found for a domestic flight the CC fee would kick in once the CC part of the payment reached $7.70.

At what level is it kicking in now?
It's kicking in now at $0. I got hit with a 5c cc fee on a $4 transaction.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by superflip
I got hit with a 5c cc fee on a $4 transaction.
OMG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.