Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

substandard business experience how to get compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

substandard business experience how to get compensation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
7. What lounge did the OP try to use at LAX? Could it have been AS in T6, where perhaps the OP had a FC award segment as part of this redemption? if so, AS policy is to give lounge access on paid FC tickets but not award tickets. However showing the longhaul boarding pass would have worked for admission to the DL lounge in T5, where T5 and T6 are connected airside by a tunnel.

9. SOP is that the carrier operating the final segment is responsible for baggage claims. Hence OP should have reported the problem upon arrival at SFO, although if the bag didn't appear at the baggage claim belt before customs in LAX, it would be wise to report it as lost at that time, ASAP, even if some other carrier would later be responsible for delivering the bag to the OP.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:11 pm

Thanks serfty...very interesting...

I have some sympathy for the airlines in this specific instance... knowing what people can be like!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:32 pm

Talking Goodness, Judith....

Originally Posted by trooper
Thanks serfty...very interesting...

I have some sympathy for the airlines in this specific instance... knowing what people can be like!
Serfty, this post has nothing to do with you, I just quoted it under your post. My apology.

Judith, my dear, wherever you are. I really think your post might be a failed attempt at a joke, or perhaps the work of someone known on these pages as a troll. The entire compilation of your complaints/concerns, snivels is laughingly insufficient, at best.

That said I suppose I must apologize for my earlier attempt at humor when I suggested how the airline might make you happy. Apparently it offended someone. I'm not sure why, but it seems that's the way it is these days. Reality is not often a reality check, right?

Now, I have to assume this post is much better and is not fodder for deletion, yes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.