Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Does it always take this long for points/status to show up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does it always take this long for points/status to show up?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: Some
Good to see it's taking others a while as well... My older flights only took 2-3 days to show. I took some flights last week and waiting to see how long they take to show up now..
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, QF Bronze
Visited the GC on the weekend. Both flights showed up fairly quickly, Monday's flight was up yesterday, Thursday's was up on the weekend.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:44 am

Flights to/from SYD two weeks ago took 3 days to post yet last weekend flights with SQ were posted within 24 hours, does SQ have a better connection to the Velocity system than VA or what. Also achieved Gold from my SQ flights
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Are change in status based on travel date or processing date?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone might know the answer to my query below.

I flew BNE-IST in April on an EY flight with a VA flight number. I waited 6 weeks and when the SC/points did not post I put in a Missing Points Claim. This came through about 2 weeks later. This moved me from Silver to Gold.

Yesterday I flew back FCO-BNE assuming the SC/points take the same amount of time I don't expect to reach Plat until mid-July. With these SCs (and family pooling) these will just tip me over the 1000.

So tomorrow I am off to NAN and then through to PHE in a couple of weeks. As these short hauls are VA flights I expect the SCs to post reasonable quicker.

So after all that my question is - will Velocity recognise that I technically turned Plat after the flight on the 19th? And therefore the trips to NAN and PHE should be applied to retaining Plat? Or because these will post first they will be applied to gaining plat and then the remainder of the earlier flight will disappear into the nether world as they do after you earn the 1000?

For those who are numerically minded.

SCs as at 18/6 - 630
SCs earnt on 19/6 - 80 (FCO to AUH in J) + 160 (AUH to BNE in J) = 240 * 2 (Family pooling) = 480
Qualify for Plat - 1110

Upcoming flights to NAN and PHE - 75 SCs Y on all flights. So not enough for Plat but if they apply early they won't count for anything.

Any thoughts on previous experiences?

Thanks

FF
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, QF Bronze
Well it took 2 days for my booked-via-Air NZ flights to show up in the points total- not sure why Air NZ is quicker, or if VA is quicker at crediting points...
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Just for a reference point, I recently flew SQ ticketed and operated flights. The points took 14 days to post.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
So tomorrow I am off to NAN and then through to PHE in a couple of weeks. As these short hauls are VA flights I expect the SCs to post reasonable quicker.

So after all that my question is - will Velocity recognise that I technically turned Plat after the flight on the 19th? And therefore the trips to NAN and PHE should be applied to retaining Plat?
I don't have direct experience but the general rule is the flights apply by the date of travel. If they post late or out of order, it doesn't matter they will be applied correctly. That is why there is a 'flown date' in your activity, to prove that it is tracked.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:19 am

Thanks for the reply CPM.

I'll post back when it finally happens.

My FCO-AUH has already posted and so has my flights to NAN.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Just for a reference point, I recently flew SQ ticketed and operated flights. The points took 14 days to post.
When flying SQ ticketed and operated flights in the past, we usually had to chase up the SCs and points - however on our recent trip (got back two days ago), much to our surprise the SCs and points posted within 24 hours for all flights.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:35 pm

So my VA7123 finally posted yesterday, 28 days after the flight date.

My VA account has now been upgraded to Plat and the SCs reset to 0, so by the looks of things they work off the processing date for the review date.

I only put in 1 claim for the missing points so I will now family pool the 2nd flight and see if it reduces my retention amount or gets absorbed from "last" year.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:18 pm

Success...

Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
So my VA7123 finally posted yesterday, 28 days after the flight date.

My VA account has now been upgraded to Plat and the SCs reset to 0, so by the looks of things they work off the processing date for the review date.

I only put in 1 claim for the missing points so I will now family pool the 2nd flight and see if it reduces my retention amount or gets absorbed from "last" year.
The 2nd missing flight finally posted yesterday and yes it was absorbed into last years figures.

I did all the calculations and called the Centre. The agent was quite insistent that as the Activity date was before the review then it was in last year. I countered with the argument that I was not retaining but had received Plat by obtaining the 1000 SCs and that if this flight had have posted correctly in June I would have received Plat then. She had a think about that then and finally said she would do a manual count.

20 mins later she came back and agreed that the late posting flight had affected by benefits and within 5 mins the extra SCs had posted to my account.

It did take a while and you do have to lead them through it but it is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.