Search

IFE on Android Tablets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, QF Bronze
IFE on Android Tablets

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around on the VA website to see about the IFE streaming, and noticed that it seems to be a little low on information about what Android devices it works on. I have never gotten it to work on my Asus tablets, but the system worked fine on my S6 phone.

Is there any reason why it wouldn't work on different tablets?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by VelAU
Hi everyone,

I've been looking around on the VA website to see about the IFE streaming, and noticed that it seems to be a little low on information about what Android devices it works on. I have never gotten it to work on my Asus tablets, but the system worked fine on my S6 phone.

Is there any reason why it wouldn't work on different tablets?
It worked fine on my Asus Tablet.
You do have to be on the ball with the Entertainment App. The App seems to be upgraded regularly for all Androids. If your device doesn't spend much time synced up to the network, you may be trying to use a old version of the App. Only the latest version will work.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by in2it54
It worked fine on my Asus Tablet.
You do have to be on the ball with the Entertainment App. The App seems to be upgraded regularly for all Androids. If your device doesn't spend much time synced up to the network, you may be trying to use a old version of the App. Only the latest version will work.
Ah thanks for that. I recently got a Samsung Galaxy A, so should have no issues with it working, since it stays connected to my Wifi pretty much constantly.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: TK *A Gold, VA Silver
It works just fine on my Nexus 5 phone, if that helps. I was quite surprised at how good it was (even if it is, essentially, a web wrapper into an iOS-looking view).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.