Search

250k Velocity Points Offer from NAB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity FF
250k Velocity Points Offer from NAB

http://www.nab.com.au/sites/personal...00008577803654

For any Velocity diehard's looking to refinance or start up a new home loan, here's probably the best deal you've heard all day. Found this when our daughter was applying for her NAB credit card (which comes with 30,000 points bonus)

Not sure about the T&C's as information on their website is a little vague as to the exact date of points allocation after applicants meet all criteria, but we'll keep this thread updated as we find out more.

Our banking representative told us yesterday that they are sending out the first wave of points to their new customers this month, so I guess there is a staged rollout following successful applications.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:00 pm

Unhappy Be prpared for a LOT of paperwork

Hi,
Just a warning on this.
I'm now into my 6th week of trying to get a home loan with NAB to take up this offer. I have dealt with 4 different people at NAB, none of whom can be called directly, so one has to go through the tedious switchboard/ID questions/nature of call questions each time, usually to be told the person you wish to talk to is out of the office. Even though I told them the loan was to be interest only, they wrote it up as principal and interest, so the interest rate how has to be renegotiated. I would estimate that I have spent at least 10 hours on this so far, and am about to give up as it is just too difficult to deal with. They have sent me forms to cancel the loans from my other bank, for which I would need a financial advisor qualification to be able to fill in. Other banks are able to do all this in person at a branch, or with a mobile lender, so I can understand why NAB need to offer a big incentive for customers to go to all this trouble.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity FF
zoomaloid, so sorry you are dubious. We sat in the branch last week to submit our identity and were given a very pleasant audience with a nice customer service member. But our liaising for the application has also been over the phone and we are anxiously awaiting the outcome today, as we have also signed off the cancel authority forms. From your perspective, has the NAB been elusive with your phone calls, or do you put it down to complications with your loan application which are beyond the bank's control?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.