Community
Wiki Posts
Search

additional sectors to keep gold status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

additional sectors to keep gold status

I need 2 addition sectors to keep my gold status. Can I buy a return flight with VA pay for it but not fly to get my additional sectors?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Negative. You need to fly to earn points. Please see below....

https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...rmsConditions/

Eligible Sector means a Flight Sector:

(a) that has been flown;

(b) that has not been booked as a Reward Seat;

(c) where Virgin Australia is the Marketing Carrier.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

thank you
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Velocity FF
We are flying numerous flights within the USA with Delta this year, all in one week. Flights were booked on Delta website. We have submitted our VA velocity numbers in the itinerary, but we are unsure as to whether we will earn any Velocity status credits or points. The information we have from the VA website infers we will earn these with partner airlines, so can anyone confirm this please?
Reason I'm interested is that those extra flights would push us to Platinum...
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:31 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shouldhavebeenabird
We are flying numerous flights within the USA with Delta this year, all in one week. Flights were booked on Delta website. We have submitted our VA velocity numbers in the itinerary, but we are unsure as to whether we will earn any Velocity status credits or points. The information we have from the VA website infers we will earn these with partner airlines, so can anyone confirm this please?
Reason I'm interested is that those extra flights would push us to Platinum...
Thanks in advance
If you are flying in an eligible class as per the website you will earn, it's pretty clear:

https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...ntsEarn/#delta
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Velocity FF
Originally Posted by markis10
If you are flying in an eligible class as per the website you will earn, it's pretty clear:

https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...ntsEarn/#delta
Ahh, many thanks. That's awesome news! Looks like we've got some nice points and status to accrue......
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:38 pm

Plus my experience with DL is that the SC/points post on your your VFF account quite quickly. My flights from last week posted within 2 days
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Jaspon
Plus my experience with DL is that the SC/points post on your your VFF account quite quickly. My flights from last week posted within 2 days
SQ is even faster - indeed it's faster than VA themselves manage when flying with VA. Go figure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.