Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Velocity points can now be purchased (as an award top up)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:44 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond

Much like QF, Velocity now offer you the option to buy points if close to an award:

Points Booster Basics

1. Velocity Frequent Flyer Points must be purchased in blocks of 500, with a 500 Points minimum and 50,000 maximum per purchase
2. You must nominate your intended Reward and the total number of Points you require at the time of purchase
3. Velocity Points Booster Points purchase is permitted twice per member per calendar year
4. Velocity Points Booster Points may only be purchased by a member on their own behalf
5. You must hold 80% of the total required Points balance for the intended reward in your account at the time of the Velocity Points Booster purchase
Velocity Points Booster purchases are non-refundable

Pricing is non linear ie 1000 Velocity points is $36AUD, 10000 is $320AUD

More info:

https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...points-booster

At those rates, I don't think they will get much interest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.