Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Does Virgin ever have any REAL sales on Business Class domestic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Virgin ever have any REAL sales on Business Class domestic?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by windchaser777

I'm seeing with this current sale on, that PER-SYD 'the business' is $1299 in January. There's also a pair of flights PER-SYD r/t via ADL for $1243.88 each way.
Well that is looking a TINY bit more like it. Well spotted.

So when they do "SALES" they "sometimes" add a bit of Biz Inventory in the mix?

Any other attractive routes anyone has noticed?

Wish I had seen that yesterday as just booked 2 x Flexi fares SYD-Perth as I had 4 Plat upgrade certs expiring.

I noticed the A330 Flights are bit dearer than the 737 flights. The ADL route is good for SC, but not for in flight comfort.

Interestingly for anyone seeking SC, adding Kalgoorlie as the destination, added only $30 or so, yet added 20 x SC each legs.

Last edited by ozstamps; Oct 19, 2015 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
The only thing I suggest to you is AFF: http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...ml#post1319483
Originally Posted by serfty
The AFF link can give you a good look at 10% discount on base fare.
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Wish I had seen that yesterday as just booked 2 x Flexi fares SYD-Perth as I had 4 Plat upgrade certs expiring. ...
If your travel is before July 1st, Hopefully you were able to make use of the code in the above AFF link to save some hundreds of dollars.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ross yes .. that was good advice, many thanks, and made even cross country Flexi fares look more palatable.

~$2,500 is absolutely no "Bargain" for cross country coach fares, but the exrades were turning to dust in 2 hours .....
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And just got this today which may in turn assist others - on $5000 Biz fares, a huge saving.

Seems to imply in fine print, you can book on Virgin website to get it ... not sure how they'd track that.

https://www.etihad.com/en/exclusive-...&om_lid=amex20

Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
vantage03 - yes 50%+ off is the sort of level they'll maybe fill some seats at on leisure routes.

Where do you see these kind of things advertised is my question?

On Happy Hours, or via an offer email etc?
Sorry for the late replay. Sales in Business to HTI always via e-mail.
Business SYD-HTI sells out regularly fwiw. It's a longish flight and people heading there for special occasions and connecting from international... I have noticed a lot of Americans in the Business cabin to Hamilton Island.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
And just got this today which may in turn assist others - on $5000 Biz fares, a huge saving.

Seems to imply in fine print, you can book on Virgin website to get it ... not sure how they'd track that.

https://www.etihad.com/en/exclusive-...&om_lid=amex20
Great find, thanks. In case the above link stops working, it seems that they use this one for the redirect:

etihad.com/amexoffer
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Brisbane Melbourne for $599 wasn't too bad, although I rushed the booking and ended up in last months credit card cycle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.