Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to use delta sm for a VA domestic award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too

I am trying to book a VA flight, ADL-SYD-CNS in biz. VA seems to have the lower point awards available.

Can I use delta skymiles to do this? How?? (Or amex mr points...or citi TY points)

I've found very little searching, most is for flight to or from USA

Thanks!

Sorry total newb w VA and DL
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
One would expect to be able to award book VA flights with Skymiles if there is availability.

Searching via Delta.com I can only see single segment bookings offerred however.

e.g. Sep 10 I see ADL-xSYD-CNS using Virgin Australia Velocity rewards but that won't show on delta.com. However, Delta.com offers both the ADL-SYD and SYD-CNS segments as separate bookings. Can't even do with multi segment as nothing is returned.

Strange ...

Last edited by serfty; Sep 4, 2015 at 7:09 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Odd. I didnt think to look individually. DL phone agent made up few excuses (VA doesnt give us domestics; VA releases them to their own first, us later; DL only has VA awards that 'touch; the US)... I never though to ask her to break it up

Thx
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Called back, transfered to someone else (dont know what delta calls their folks)

Apparently if he looked at ADL-CNS the system didnt show anything, paid nor award. But using another sytem (amadeus and not the booking application) he was able to see both, create two coupons, then price them as one award.

Its an odd defect in the Delta App that looks for and builds bookings.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Well I suspect that saved you 40K skypesos ...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

HAHA.

While I was questioning the first DL agent, trying to understand how that godforsaken airline runs its program, I SO wanted to blurt out "MY GOD, this program is horrific...no wonder they call them skypesos."

But, I didnt.

Now need to possibly transfer MR into DL to do it.... the $175 per person change/cancel fee is the stumbling block....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.