South African Airways and Delta

Old May 11, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club
South African Airways and Delta

Hi All

I am a newbie to Velocity and had a couple of questions about partner airlines that I was hoping people could answer.

1. I saw SAA has recently been added as a Velocity partner. I have a couple of domestic South African flights coming up next month and went to add my Velocity number to the booking via the SAA web-site but Velocity is not on their list of FF programs. I presume I can just keep the boarding passes and seek the points etc when we get back?

2. I saw that it is possible to book Delta flights using Virgin FF points. My question is - does availability show up on the Velocity web-site or do I really need to call to see if seats are available? How far in advance do seats come up?

Thanks for your help!!
Old May 11, 2015, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by theassassin
Hi All

I am a newbie to Velocity and had a couple of questions about partner airlines that I was hoping people could answer.

1. I saw SAA has recently been added as a Velocity partner. I have a couple of domestic South African flights coming up next month and went to add my Velocity number to the booking via the SAA web-site but Velocity is not on their list of FF programs. I presume I can just keep the boarding passes and seek the points etc when we get back?

2. I saw that it is possible to book Delta flights using Virgin FF points. My question is - does availability show up on the Velocity web-site or do I really need to call to see if seats are available? How far in advance do seats come up?

Thanks for your help!!
I would first ask an agent at the airport (when you check in and if this doesn't work, ask early at the gate) to add the FF number to your booking. Ideally have them print a new boarding pass showing the FF number. This is easier and probably faster than submitting a retroclaim.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would first ask an agent at the airport (when you check in and if this doesn't work, ask early at the gate) to add the FF number to your booking. Ideally have them print a new boarding pass showing the FF number. This is easier and probably faster than submitting a retroclaim.
Ah yeah- good point!
Old May 11, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
1. On South African, just make sure that your tickets is in an eligible fare class - http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...africanairways

2. Yes, Delta awards are bookable online - https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co.../MakeaBooking/ I'm not sure how far out the availability goes though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.