Etihad Q

Old May 4, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Etihad Q

Hi,

Is it possible to get

Aus <> Abu Dhabi > London

Business Class using points - I know there is a VA number to Abu Dhabi but then can you get a VA (and therefore business class) to London.

pretty poor if you cant - means you can get to the US Business via points but not Europe...

any insight?
Old May 4, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Etihad Q

Of course you can, it's just not dependant on whether VA codeshare there or not.

If Etihad have 'Guest' award space available on their website then you can call up and book with VA.

Technically you should be able to book it online but my experience with booking EY flights on the Velocity website has varied. It's certainly worth checking first though
Old May 4, 2015, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by jozdemir
Of course you can, it's just not dependant on whether VA codeshare there or not.

If Etihad have 'Guest' award space available on their website then you can call up and book with VA.

Technically you should be able to book it online but my experience with booking EY flights on the Velocity website has varied. It's certainly worth checking first though
thanks!

Can you upgrade from standard to Business using points? (or is that dependant on VA codeshare?)
Old May 4, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by user29
thanks!

Can you upgrade from standard to Business using points? (or is that dependant on VA codeshare?)
Unfortunately not, you can't upgrade on the VA codeshare either. Only from
Flexi or Premium Economy VA tickets on their own flights
Old May 17, 2015, 8:06 pm

Not technically correct.

I see 6 seats on EY Guest but VA CC can't book as it's showing unconfirmed for them. EY don't release the same award space to VA apparently.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by mmikeemike
Not technically correct.

I see 6 seats on EY Guest but VA CC can't book as it's showing unconfirmed for them. EY don't release the same award space to VA apparently.
Is that under 'Guest Saver' or another column? I've never had any issues personally
Old May 19, 2015, 12:16 am

Is that under 'Guest Saver' or another column? I've never had any issues personally
GuestSeat > Guest Business.

The rest of the columns are OpenSeat and points plus pay options.

Confirmed with 3 different people over the last 3 days despite the seat appearing on both EY and VA websites, that it's unconfirmed for VA and as such cannot book it.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:30 pm

Confirmed with 3 different people over the last 3 days despite the seat appearing on both EY and VA websites, that it's unconfirmed for VA and as such cannot book it.
Must be a recent thing, disappointing if that's the case
Old May 20, 2015, 12:13 am

Ditto here. wysiNwyg on EY through VA.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:25 pm

Hi,

First time poster here. Have been trying to find out if I can book an open jaw with Velocity points to Europe. i.e. if i book with Etihad, can I fly MEL-SYD-AUH-LHR and then, for example, CDG-AUH-SYD-MEL?

Economy class and looking to utilise 62,500 points each way.

Thank you.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by juliana16
Hi,

First time poster here. Have been trying to find out if I can book an open jaw with Velocity points to Europe. i.e. if i book with Etihad, can I fly MEL-SYD-AUH-LHR and then, for example, CDG-AUH-SYD-MEL?

Economy class and looking to utilise 62,500 points each way.

Thank you.
Yes over the phone, and it's also possible to do it online as open jaw as a single ticket on a broken site link (I can pm you the link if you like).
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:56 pm

That's fantastic news. Assume then it would not require extra points to do so? The link would be great, thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.