Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Passenger of size issues on OOL-MEL flight today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Australia : Gold

So I'm sitting in MEL lounge trying to figure out what went wrong...I told the lovely lounge ladies here what happened...they were shocked and horrified...

So sorry about spelling and grammar....on ipad.

So this Is what I'm sending to VA once I figure out who to send it to..any ideas.

Re my flight va 736 OOL to MEL , 25 April 2016

Just had the most awful experience with the ground crew and lounge people at ool airport.

Husband and I in 3a and 3 c.....they place a person of size/ morbidly obese in the middle seat, we are therefore given half a seat each. She would have been over 200 kgs.

I ask if she or us can be moved, they said because I enquired re seating in the lounge at OOL just 10 minutes before ( they rang the lounge)ie if middle seat taken then I must be trying to do the dodgy re the system and scam an upgrade.I only asked lounge staff as expertflyer seat map was unavailable due to crappy wifi in lounge. I then asked if they can put us on the next flight to melb, they said I must purchase the seats.

The ground staff said they would off load us before they offloaded the POS and we would have to pay for our flights to MEL.

the POS actually told us she was too big for normal seats and was too big to be in the exit row even though there were 2 spare seats.we would have taken the exit row but I refuse to fly exit as it's too much responsibility .

We are average sized adults and this is a 2 hr flight. I would be leaning into the aisle all flight and the husband was already crushed against the window.

We are currently doing a self funded status run to maintain my plat status.

I have never been so embarrassed , as they made me feel like the bad one in this situation. The entire cabin knew what was going on .the ground staff even said that it really didn't look too bad! and that I would manage.

Now instead of my husband sitting in the same row as me as I booked 5 months in advance he's 10 rows back in the exit row.

So, my question is..what is the VA policy for POS. Honest to god she took up half our seats as well as her own.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:45 pm

Hi, just wondering if you had requested 3B to be blocked, and then they over-rided the blocked seat?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

nope ..didnt have 3B blocked, we dont mind having some one there..as long as they keep within their own space....

just was really unpleasent.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Ive taken this over to AFF..posted here accidently...Mod can you close please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.