Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Etihad Gold - VA domestic lounge access?

Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

I've read the lounge rules but it's not clear. As an Etihad Gold, can I access VA domestic lounge when flying VA? Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by secondsoprano
I've read the lounge rules but it's not clear. As an Etihad Gold, can I access VA domestic lounge when flying VA? Thanks!
Etihad Gold get lounge access for themselves plus a guest: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...lue-Group.aspx
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Etihad Gold get lounge access for themselves plus a guest: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...lue-Group.aspx
Thanks. My concern is that there is no equivalent statement on the Virgin site. I am afraid the Virgin lounge dragons will look at my printout of an Etihad website and say "That's an Etihad website. Not my problem".

I will find out on Friday when I fly VA and try to get in to the lounge. Wish me luck!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Thanks. My concern is that there is no equivalent statement on the Virgin site. I am afraid the Virgin lounge dragons will look at my printout of an Etihad website and say "That's an Etihad website. Not my problem".

I will find out on Friday when I fly VA and try to get in to the lounge. Wish me luck!
In my experience the Virgin lounge team are pretty good. I don't think you'll have any problems but report back in you do.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:38 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi secondsoprano,

if you like to get in touch with the VA team, we suggest you to contact them through their social channels or contact number http://bit.ly/1zcrLdl *LK
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: VAG
Don't worry about it. VA and Etihad do have a mutual agreement on lounges, and if VA were failing to hold up their end of the bargain I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now, possibly from the hordes of angry Etihad elites who'd be standing in the lobby of every lounge.

You probably won't even need to explain anything to anyone, your Etihad status should be reflected on your boarding pass (assuming you've added it to your booking) and you'll just get in by scanning the barcode thingy.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Reporting back - I was warmly welcomed into the VA lounge, no problem.

Thanks VA
Old May 5, 2015, 6:47 am
Company Representative, Etihad

We are glad to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. *ZD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.